Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please recommend for maynooth area

• 28-04-2006 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

I have no phone line in my house (just started renting) and am wondering what would be best/most recommended BB to get...
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

walt0r wrote:
    I have no phone line in my house (just started renting) and am wondering what would be best/most recommended BB to get...
    thx

Clearwire is the only real choice, although there is also Ice Communications if you can get an antenna on the roof. No cable internet here yet.

If you're going for a phone line, theres no LLU at the Maynooth exchange(s?) yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Your choices are:

Eircom
    BT Ireland
    Magnet (depending on which exchange you are in)
    Irish Broadband (recieiver on roof jobby)
    Ice
    Clearwire

Slumped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Jedi had clearwire in maynooth - no phone required and stuff so its handy. A bit messy though, bad pings in games too, ideally you should get a phone line in and go for Eircom ADSL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭MickH503

walt0r wrote:
    thx
    I have Clearwire in MAynooth. It's fine for email and general surfing. Not good for P2P, gaming, VOIP or basically anything outside of email and general http stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

BT with some kind of line rental deal would probably be the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Go the landline route (if u can), but only if you are planning to stay for over a year. VOIP with clearwire is fine once you ring them up and get them to activate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

Only staying for 4 months, on placement in that lovely place called Intel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

i've ice and find good...but you're going to struggle as most providers look for 1 year contract me thinks...how you finding intel, any chance they would look after it if you can convince them you ned for work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

MaynoothWAN perhaps? don't really see much options apart from them and Ice if you're not going down the clearwire/landline route.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I'm only on placement with Intel so I doubt I will be able to convince them I need it for work. I not exactly group leader or anything! I'll check around thnanks for the advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement