Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would be the biggest loss to the WWE????

• 28-04-2006 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

if the wwe were to lose a wrestler that's in thier ranks at the moment to another company....whose departure would be the biggest???

my picks
    triple h/cena from raw
    benoit/taker/angle from smackdown

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Angle would be the single biggest loss.
    I don't think anyone from RAW would hit the company that badly creatively but HHH would be a huge draw for another company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,803 ✭✭✭Trampas

Cant see HHH leaving anytime since he is a McMahon now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

HHH would be a big loss period. but Shawn Micheals would be a huge loss for Raw, Angle for Smackdown. But then again no one wrestler is responsible for carrying WWE.(even though HHH thinks he is) However big a loss they would be it wouldn't hurt the company in the long run. Brock lesnar hit the company big in the long run when he left. Same for the rock, austin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

As above Triple H from Raw and Angle from Smackdown.

I don't see Benoit as a huge loss for wwe, as he's a midcarder at the moment .... that said he'd still be a huge addition to any other company. Taker is used too little to be a major loss, and any boost he could give a company would only be very temporary.

I think Edge would be a huge loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

HHH Angle and Rey are the obvious picks.
    I agree 100% about Edge, if Christian can go to TNA and win the title straight away imagine what Edge would achieve if he left. I also think Shelton Benjamin would be a big draw any where else, same with Benoit, Orton and Lashley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

RealJohn wrote:
    Angle would be the single biggest loss.

Totally agree.

Don't think Undertaker would be so much of a loss rather than a major boost for competitors though as he often disappears for long periods anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Angle in terms of wrestling ability would be the biggest loss but in terms of drawing power he does n't appear to be at the races if the numberrs for the last year are anything to go by. pLus given his injury situaion at the moment, I don't think realistically he's a long term major player unfortunately.

Obviously its Cena. He's bringing new fans in who buy CDs, shirts, go to live events, get ppvs bought for them. Basically he appeals to people outside of the core wrestling audience.

He's the one star they have created lately thats created money for them on a semi long term basis without any internal issue. Batista is injury prone. Lesnar walked off. And Orton is a phychologists dream if even half of what is reported is true.

Honourable mention to Rey Mysterio. He brings in a huge Latino audience that if it was not there Smackdown would be tanking worse than it already is. For the last year he's been the biggest ratings draw on Smackdown. And like Cena he does well in merchandise. Just like Cena too he brings in new fans.

Domestically in USA, ppv business is as bad as it has been for the last decade. I don't think anyone on the roster is indespensible. In regards to Christian. He went there and won the belt in TNA. Thats all he's done. In terms of making TNA more profitable or bigger, he's done very little. I like the guy but his run has meant little thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Christian was handicapped by his size in WWE. To be honest, I didn't really buy his TNA title win though. He's a great rassler and he's good on the mic but I just can't see him a the top guy. A top midcarder certainly but he's not a main-eventer to me (maybe I've just been conditioned by WWE).

I got out of rasslin for a few months there so I barely knew Edge's title run happened but I can't accept him as a main-eventer either. Never been a fan of Edge really but that's the way the game goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Angle's great but he wouldn't be the biggest loss. Not with his injuries. One wonders how long he's got left.

The biggest loss would need to be someone who has name value (and who can use their real name), decent in-ring ability, charisma, youth and the ability to put a competitor like TNA on the map instantly.

The only guy that fits that bill in my eyes is John Cena.

If TNA acquired him he would bring with him a solid audience through his name value, competent wrestling skills, plenty of charisma (and he could keep his rap gimmick) and he would be able to promote TNA instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

If Cena were in TNA, he'd have to be a heel. Probably wouldn't do so well with the merchandising then

Biggest loss to WWE would be HHH in my opinion. He's done more than most people seem to realise and would be a big loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote:
    If Cena were in TNA, he'd have to be a heel. Probably wouldn't do so well with the merchandising then

Biggest loss to WWE would be HHH in my opinion. He's done more than most people seem to realise and would be a big loss

Cena wouldn't necessarily have to be a heel in TNA depending on how he left WWE. The fans there would be delighted to see him anyway so even if he began as a heel I doubt he'd stay a heel for long.

Those who say HHH would be the biggest loss forget the fact that the WWE owns the rights to his name so he'd have to refer to himself as Paul Levesque. That would definitely hurt him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Cena wouldn't necessarily have to be a heel in TNA depending on how he left WWE. The fans there would be delighted to see him anyway so even if he began as a heel I doubt he'd stay a heel for long.

Plus you could argue that many fans view him as a heel now. Even so another part of the audience is buying alot of what his name is written on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

biggest loss from raw = edge, coach and shelton.
    HHH would never leave.
    biggest loss from SD= orton and angle.

Advertisement