Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ESB International Interview

• 28-04-2006 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a summer job interview with them next week.Anyone else going for interviews or have done in the past.Also,anyone have general information on the company.Your help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I did an interview for ESB network last year for a summer placement job. The placement interview is generally not technical. They just asked me a bit about myself, the course etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

I worked with them last summer as part of a work placement in college. You'll probably be interviewed by two engineers and someone from HR. Interview is generally not technical, they just ask about hobbies, interests etc. and what subjects you are doing for your course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

If you're looking for information on ESBI, their website (www.esbi.ie) gives a good outline of the work that they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

I worked for ESB Networks too. I really enjoyed working there, good money for a student job.
    From what i remember about the interview they did not ask too many technical questions. I was interviewed by my would-be boss so i guess he was seeing if i would work well in his office. There was no one from HR there which is a good thing for engineers!

My job involved alot of Word and Excel, they asked me about that in my interview so i guess you should know about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I worked with them for the summer 2 summers ago. The interview was with one engineer and a HR woman and was grand - not technical at all. (one question they asked which threw me was "which subject from this year in college would you most like to have gotten rid of"). Good place to work, although I felt the mechs got much more fun jobs! (I'm elec)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭DJDC

Cula bula.Had the interview last week.Any idea about when they get back.Applications are still open on their site,I think they are still interviewing people.

Advertisement