Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My kid destroyed my ps1 FF 7,8 & 9

Options
  • 28-04-2006 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Anyone know where I could buy copies of these. She also destroyed others but don't really care about them.

HELP!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Amazon or something like that is the only way to go I'm afraid. I can't remember exactly what site I got mine on, but I couldn't find them anyehere else.
    And for the love of god, keep them away from children!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

I have them sitting here if your interested. 7 and 9 with cases but I am missing the case for 8. All in good condition. Also got 6 if you want :)

Dont play them at all any more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wait a minute I have to go get my violin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Wait a minute I have to go get my violin

No need, I have mine. pityparty.gif

I felt the same when an absent minded mother, during the course of her annual spring-cleaning, threw out my copy of Super Mario World.

For future reference however, Ebay is also a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yeah as above, ebay is great. I can't remember the last time I searched for something on ebay and it wasn't there (and I searched for some pretty rare PS games). There should be loadsa copies of final fantasies on there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You also won't get fleeced on Ebay. The FF games are highly desirable but there are loads of copies. Some people tend to exaggerate their worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

I got mine in one of the second hand shops on talbot street a couple of years ago, might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It is possible to make backup copies of them.
    It could be possible to download them.
    A program called an emulator might exist that would let you play them on the PC(or other console).
    A thing called a mod chip might exist that would let you play backup copies on your ps1.
    It's also possible that any of the above statements could be illegal, so just ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Cheers for the advice and offers but my lovely, thoughtful wife managed to source them from her cousin - it seems wives do have other uses after all :D

Child (1 last week)will be locked in cupboard until she apologises

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

you dont keep the kids in cupboards anyway?;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭EOA_Mushy

If the case and all / inlay is not important to you... And provided you did own a ligitimate copy of the games, it is legal to download an emulator and play on the pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Doffy

Well by law you can have back-up's of the games as long as you own the original, you are entitled to have ISO's of the game but I don't know if they can be discussed here. Seeing as it is within the law to have back-up's I still think it would be better to not discuss this in public.

If you want to learn more about the subject then PM me.

The matter is quite a grey area in law even if you own the originals so don't be discussing it here too much thank you. Mentioning sites were you can get the iso's will make the information available to people who haven't got originals and could get boards.ie into trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I didn't see this thread until now, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents.
    Not a jury in the world, my friend, not a jury in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RikkusLover7

Oh man, its hard to find these games....I want to play 7 sooo bad. I mainly want to play 8 because of Squall...or Leon! Hmph guess I should start looking online:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

Oh man, its hard to find these games....I want to play 7 sooo bad. I mainly want to play because of Squall...or Leon! Hmph guess I should start looking online:(

wasn't squall FFVIII and not VII?

FF VII is cloud

anyway, got myself FFVII for the PC about two years ago, and made about 4 image backups on different drives thoughout my place.

think it is probably my most securely kept piece of Software at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 RikkusLover7

Gilgamesh wrote:
    wasn't squall FFVIII and not VII?

FF VII is cloud

anyway, got myself FFVII for the PC about two years ago, and made about 4 image backups on different drives thoughout my place.

think it is probably my most securely kept piece of Software at the time
    Well if you put "8" after play it makes sense. I guess I missed it. But yea I know that Cloud is 7 and Squall is 8. I dont want it for the PC though...is it fun on the computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

If you're in Dublin, there's a number of 2nd+ Hand shops around [Games are all in good condition and sometimes unopenned] - a few of which have numerous Copies of FF series.

I'm terrible at directions, but there's 2 just off Henry Street near O'Connels under the Train bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

As I said - my thoughtful wife managed to source them.

Finding time to play them again though is hard but I'll persevere.

Seems to be plenty on ebay although it seems FF9 costs a lot more than 7 or 8. Would have thought it would be the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Are we allowed to discusss... bitcomet and all those programs.. About geting the games.. I doubt it !?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭N1njapirate

sort out that child.. Jeez!

Amazon or E- bay as already said..

Advertisement