Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Position

• 28-04-2006 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hello ppl

Have had Leo Messi for about a season now and early on he was great but to some extent has fizzled out since a month ago.....

Just wondering is there a perfect position for him?

One other thing....got major defensive probs...any hints on good reasonably priced goalies and central defenders.

Top of my list are: Paul Robinson, Vanden Borre and Kompany

Gonna play with three at back next season...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Good question on Messi, I've often wondered the same thing. I play him in an attacking left wing position making runs forward to between the strikers. He seem to do OK, but for his ability should be better. I haven't found his perfect position yet!

As for the defence, I would fully recommend Kompany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Leighton Baines, Kompany & Vanden Borre are very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Got a couple of new CBs in, Daniel Agger, Glen Johnson and Shimmin

Hopefully this will sort out my goals concedeing problem.

Just one thing bought Johnson for 4mil and confirmed for 4 mil, however when it said Leeds utd have signed johnson it said for 8mil, checked my account and 8mil had been spent......anyone else got this or is it in his clause or something..... or maybe i werent paying attention when putting my offer in...

However am thouroughly enjoying this game....ytou get some decent players come up on the transfer list.....

Still comtemplating on Louis Saha or not, For 2.6mil cant be bad?? can it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Has anyone noticed that winngers in general don't tend to rate as highly as anywhere else? Example is that I have Robben who the whole world wants to buy for high 20's, turned down a 29mill bid from Milan just last night, yet he only cards a 6.7 average. This in contract to Alonso, Lampard, Torres, Terry amongst others who card between 7 and 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kingpj86

I have found that wingers are the most inconsistent all right. Not sure who is good and bad. For keepers I strongly recommend Craig Gordon and defenders there are many good ones Karl Svensson Engedal, Walter Garcia Skrtel to name but a few cheap ones. Which is better commanding ,strong, solid or decisive

• Advertisement

For me Peter Cech is a rock, altough he aint cheap for other teams! I only noticed how good he is this season ( my second) after I changed formation and now he is getting a lot more work.

Craig Gordon is top notch. In a Cl final with Juventus, he saved 8 straight penalties including Gigi Buffon's and took the 11th penalty to win the CL for me.

how can you save 8 straight penalties and still be in a shootout? Your own players must have been woefull from the spot?

Both teams missed penalties, most of the missed ones were all driven straight down the middle. all 11 players had to take one with the keepers being last.

It ended up 4-3, i'll have to checkout the match report again.

Advertisement