Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOST Theory*episode 18 spoilers*

• 28-04-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been posted, theres just so many threads but has anyone thought that maybe all the people on the island are still in the mental institution and Dharma are doing some sort of dream tests on them.
    we know that libby and hurley were already there and perhaps there is alot more.
    i dont think its all hurleys dream as its told from other peoples perspective when hurley isnt even around.
    dharma may have implanted the plain crash and the crossing of paths we have seen in the flashback episodes.
    it would make sense that their brainwaves are all connected eg. lockes catchphrase "Dont tell me what i can't do" Jack uses it in an episode while talking to locke, coincidence?
    Perhaps Dave is right and hurley is in a dream, but instead of hurley being in a dream, they all are?
    why are they all in the mental institution? Hurley went mad after killing those people, jack went made after his wife left and he was blamed for his fathers death after turning him into the medical board, charlie went mad with the drugs, locke flipped out after his father stole his kidney and his wife to be rejected him, sayid went made from his guilt of torchering people, the same thing for mister echo, kate went crazy after blowing up her mothers boyfriend, micheal after loosing his son, this would also explain why walt is so special, because michaels feelings for him were so strong he created him in the dream, which is why the others wanted him, walt isnt actually in the institution, the "others" are dharma employees who are testing them.
    there are just too many coincidences in lost for me to believe that they are just coincidences.
    it would also explain the sounds people have heard when talking to henry gale.
    i havent figured out why jin or sun are there or rose and her husband but im sure we will be told soon if the theory is correct, i hope im wrong because i dont want that to be the ending but its what im believing in for the moment :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Interesting theory! It's possible. Jin and Sun could have been placed in the mental hopital by her evil father? (maybe they reported him to the police or something, and he used his money and power to get them committed??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Maybe they're all in a school learning grammar and how to spell. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

hey i typed that up in like 5 mins and couldnt be arsed with "speeling" :rolleyes:
    on the theory though i could certainly see the last scene of lost being a camera zooming out showing all the lost guys on tables with cables connected to their heads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Psycopat wrote:
    hey i typed that up in like 5 mins and couldnt be arsed with "speeling" :rolleyes:
    on the theory though i could certainly see the last scene of lost being a camera zooming out showing all the lost guys on tables with cables connected to their heads

Interesting idea and it would explain a lot. But it would be a horrible way to end the show. :mad: I believe it's a lot more supernatural than that. Something along the line of what you're saying but instead of it being a manufactured/drug enduced dream, that all the losties are actual clones with the memories of their former selves implanted into the clone. The original losties all died in the crash. Wasn't it Locke that said that it a miracle that they all survived with only "superficial wounds"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

deman wrote:
    Interesting idea and it would explain a lot. But it would be a horrible way to end the show. :mad: I believe it's a lot more supernatural than that. Something along the line of what you're saying but instead of it being a manufactured/drug enduced dream, that all the losties are actual clones with the memories of their former selves implanted into the clone. The original losties all died in the crash. Wasn't it Locke that said that it a miracle that they all survived with only "superficial wounds"?

Interesting and it would also explain why Locke can walk, Sun and Jin can have kids and why Rose is now cured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

So your basing this theory on just one episode where they hinted that it might of been all in Hurley's head. Yeah I don't think so mate. They're not that stupid. :)

Of course it would be an awfully convienient way of connecting all the coincidences but it would be bollacks tv, which wouldn't make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Maybe its a TV show thats only begun to scrape the surface and everyones coming up with BS theories dont dont mean squat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

There is certainly too much concidence, too many weird things (sick people healed, smoke monsters, on an invisible island etc.) that they're going to have a very hard time convincing us that what has happened is real. Saying it is a drug experiment or virtual reality or something like that really I think is the only possible answer.

Anima wrote:
    So your basing this theory on just one episode where they hinted that it might of been all in Hurley's head. Yeah I don't think so mate. They're not that stupid. :)

Of course it would be an awfully convienient way of connecting all the coincidences but it would be bollacks tv, which wouldn't make any sense.

If you actually read my post you'd realise i wasnt just basing it on the 1 episode, meerly telling people there were spoilers from episode 18, it seems to me that you dont want it to be true, dont worry your not alone, i hope im wrong :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Dapos

It's an interseting theory but i thought the writters had ruled out the idea of it all being a dream?

dream yes but they never said experimentation ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i believe that it'll end with jj waking up and saying to his mate...

'i just had a weird dream, bet it'll make a good tv show...'

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

They all fell asleep in the airport lounge and are having a mass dream created by lsd dumped in the ventilation system by a disgruntled airport employee.

There thats my theory, just made it up there, just as plausible as some of the others im hearing. no offence but these kind of dream or snapping out of a trance to see that "its didnt really happen" have been done to death over the years in various films and tv shows and id like to think the lost writers have something better up their sleeves

loon wrote:
    i believe that it'll end with jj waking up and saying to his mate...

'i just had a weird dream, bet it'll make a good tv show...'

lmao
    john_dub wrote:
    id like to think the lost writers have something better up their sleeves

i sure hope so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

maybe it will end with bobby coming out of the shower...

Advertisement