Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Licence

Options
  • 28-04-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happens if you let your driving licence lapse - ie a 10 year licence? Do you have to re-sit your test? A friends license expired last August?? Anyone know what's what!

Thanks
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm pretty sure you get a 2 years grace or something like that. Ring the motor tax office and they'll tell you quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

You do get several years grace, i let mine lapse

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

ken90 wrote:
    You do get several years grace, i let mine lapse

Thanks - she is very relieved!

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Say nothing.

Just apply for renewal with the usual paperwork like medical certificate and the rest.

Tell her to put this in the diary for 2016 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

do you then get a new licence for 10 years or do they back date it from when the old one expired ( can't imagine why they'd do that though :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Stekelly wrote:
    do you then get a new licence for 10 years or do they back date it from when the old one expired ( can't imagine why they'd do that though :) )

No, it only runs for the date you renew it.

Advertisement