Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL final, predictions?

• 28-04-2006 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I can't wait, two great footballing sides. I just hope it isn't an anticlimax(a la Arsenal-United games). Maybe it's destiny that the same thing happens 2 years in a row(4th place etc). Wenger will have his team ultra-prepared physically and mentally, but will Ronaldinho and co be too good for them?

poll closes may 16th

Who will win? 12 votes

Arsenal
    0% 0 votes
    Barcealona
    100% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

t'wont compare to last year

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I want Barca to win sadly, as it would be a scandal for Spurs to be dumped into the UEFA Cup by a team that has been behind them all season.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

I think its gotta be Barca really, I thought they'd win it last year so maybe this time around..
    I dont think Arsenal have what it takes...
    After all, Ronnys playing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Fingers crossed that both teams play to their attacking strengths.

I think Barca will shade it 3-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Arsenal 3-2 after extra-time. Sol Campbell with the headed winner from a corner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Barcelona to win. It will be a travesty if Arsenal do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

A travesty? Get off your horse. Arsenal had to knock out Real Madrid, Villareal and Juventus to get here - they are as deserving of that final place as any other side in the final, past or present. They earned it. Other clubs didn't. Simple as.

Having said that - 2-1 Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Barcelona. I support them so I obviously want them to win, but I also don't want to see Arsenal takes Spurs place in the CL if Spurs do finish 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

milan were rammed against barca,feck all wrong with shev,s goal.
    footballs coming home again.thierry unreal nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Barca 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Barcelona by two goals for me, 3-1 or 2-0.

Most interesting story of the evening may be Ronaldinho v Henry.

Henry is constantly criticised for not delivering on the biggest stages and Ronaldinho is surely the best player in the World right now. It'll be a great match to watch anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Barcelona.

I support them and for sake of spurs.

If Barca lead, do not be surprised to see tactics employed by Rijkaard as against Milan aka Eto'o playing at left back and men behind the ball. Rijkaard if he wins the champions league will have shown vastly more tactical knowledge than Mourinho and actually succeeded at it. Why am i comparing to Mourinho? There both young and highly successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Also for Spurs sake, I hope Barca win. And in response to the claims that Arsenal beat the best to get to the final. That's rubbish. Villareal are pathetic and gave no challenge in the semis. Anyone could see that. Real Madrid are no great shakes these days either and are a defensive shambles. The only team of quality Arsenal have faced is Juventus and fair play to them for beating them. Well done to them for getting to the final but Barca are a class apart from an opposition they've faced so far and I don't think they'll be capable of beating them. The only thing they have going is that they are very good defensively and Henry could do wonders on the counterattack.

Barcelona 2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

2-2
    3-3 ET
    7-6 to arsenal on penos

edit,may check the odds on that:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Arsenal 1-0.

The king scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Only if he scores an og otherwise it is Barcelona winning 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Despite the fact I always used to hate Arsenal, I quite fancy them in the final. As E Dunphy said, Barca aren't anything special without Ronaldinho. If they can limit the supply to him Arsenal have a huge chance. Also, it might mean double to Arsenal because they might have to win to be in the CL next season

But who in the arsenal team can contain ronny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Individually, nobody. But as a team it's possible. They could prevent him getting the ball. Although even that is a formidable task, as all Barcas team are good passers, and Ronaldinho positioning is excellent; he always runs towards the ball. A physical game would suit Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Barca to win 3-0

Ronaldinho with 2 goals.

Advertisement