Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you tune UTV and Channel 4 onto Sky Digital????

• 28-04-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

I hear it's possible to tune in these channels that Sky Digital do not include. Can anyone tell me how???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have a look around here for answers....

Short answer:

ITV - Yes.
    C4 - No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭deckie27

the two boys are oin the ball :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I think it all depends on where you bought your box. If you bought it it the North, it should be already installed. If you bought it in the Rep, then you'll not be able to install it. That's the way it used to be anyway but it may have changed.

Example - My father bought his in the Republic, receives RTE channels but not ITV, Ch4 or Ch5. My brother-in-law bought his in the North. Receives ITV, Ch4 and Ch5 but not RTE channels. They live across the road from each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

deman wrote:
    Example - My father bought his in the Republic, receives RTE channels but not ITV, Ch4 or Ch5. My brother-in-law bought his in the North. Receives ITV, Ch4 and Ch5 but not RTE channels. They live across the road from each other.
    Both boxes can receive the channels,its just your father has a subscription registered to a Republic of Ireland address so the card sky gave him gets the box to present the Irish electronic programme guide with the 4 Irish channels on it and with ITV etc missing.
    A box with that type of card in it or no card can have ITV tuned in manually as per that thread linked above and the other channels mentioned.

It wont allow you to view ch4 though as the software sky uses restricts viewing of that channel to UK registerd cards only.
    Your bro in law has a UK registered card.If his card is a subscription card as opposed to a free to view card( A FTV card loads the UK programme guide but also gives access to ch4 ) and its registered to an NI address it will also have RTE1 and 2 and TG4 on the programme guide and viewable.
    TV3 wont be viewable with either types of card.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement