Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan

Options
  • 28-04-2006 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

:(Hi all, new here, Living in Balbriggan, management company is Smyth Property Management. 1st year fee €607, this year €750 + €250 bins + €250 service charge = €1200. Is this normal? Am only living there 2 years. Also can anyone please explain to me the differences between repairs and maintenance, ground maintenance, reserve/sinking & Management fees?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,396 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Dors1976 wrote:
    :(Hi all, new here, Living in Balbriggan, management company is Smyth Property Management. 1st year fee €607, this year €750 + €250 bins + €250 service charge = €1200. Is this normal?
    Fees tend to be underpriced in the first year.
    Dors1976 wrote:
    repairs and maintenance,
    Replacing broken items in common areas, maintaining lifts, lighting, drains, etc.
    Dors1976 wrote:
    ground maintenance,
    Grass cutting, hedges ...
    Dors1976 wrote:
    reserve/sinking &
    Providing a little every year for periodic repairs or replacements, e.g. painting every 3-5 years, repalcing moving parts after 5-20 years, redoing roofs every 20-30 years and so on
    Dors1976 wrote:
    Management fees?
    Hiring someone to manage the above, run the management company, collect fees, pay the insurance, do the accounts, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dors1976

Thanks I got more information from you than I have done from the management company in the last 7 months!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

Dors1976 wrote:
    :(Hi all, new here, Living in Balbriggan, management company is Smyth Property Management. 1st year fee €607, this year €750 + €250 bins + €250 service charge = €1200. Is this normal? Am only living there 2 years. Also can anyone please explain to me the differences between repairs and maintenance, ground maintenance, reserve/sinking & Management fees?

Thanks
    Smyth Property Management featured on prime time investigates program last night. the fee seems excessive!

normally refuse charge would be included in the fee not an extra!

you are entitled to see the invoices, etc as you are a member of the management company. at the agm the owners of houses/apts can vote out the management agent and put in a different one... so its a good idea to shop around, and see who gives the best price. and the residents have their say at the AGM... or appoint new directors...

the directors of the management company normally appoint the management agent to look after the development on their behalf.

Advertisement