Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bullard leaves Wigan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Yep commeneted on this in Transfers thread... Hugh shock.. Theres something more to this which will no doubt come out in next few days.. Its not like Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan is shy of expressing his opinion!
    Bullard has been outstanding this year.. and also.. WHY to Fulham?? Surely a few more bigger teams would have been after him? Strange strange strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

shepthedog wrote:
    Yep commeneted on this in Transfers thread... Hugh shock.. Theres something more to this which will no doubt come out in next few days.. Its not like Wigan chairman, Dave Whelan is shy of expressing his opinion!
    Bullard has been outstanding this year.. and also.. WHY to Fulham?? Surely a few more bigger teams would have been after him? Strange strange strange

It might have more to do with him moving back to London. Maybe his family wanted to move to London. Its not always about the better club with players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Sorry didnt search for another mention of it. just scanned the titles.

Its hardly something Ill lose sleep over but just a bit surprising for a club that has had a season above all expectations to offload one of their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I wouldn't be suprised to see Wigan make a bid for Petrov now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Very unusual move alright, wonder will Fulham take to Bullards hilarious antics the same way that Wigan did!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Very unusual move alright, wonder will Fulham take to Bullards hilarious antics the same way that Wigan did!?

Al Fayed is mad as a bag of monkeys, course they will.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Its hardly something Ill lose sleep over but just a bit surprising for a club that has had a season above all expectations to offload one of their best.
    They had no choice. When they were renewing Bullard's contract, he wanted (or his agent rather) a stipulation that said if another club comes in with an offer over a certain amount, Wigan would have to let Bullard talk to them. Fulham made this offer and Bullard wanted to leave. If you saw the interview with Paul Jewell, he looked a bit dejected and totally resigned to losing him, all out of his hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I don't see why he'd move to Fulham. I think the two teams position in the table speaks for itself, it just makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I don't see why he'd move to Fulham. I think the two teams position in the table speaks for itself, it just makes no sense.

£££££££££££££££££?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fulham have more potential than Wigan. Not many people would be suprised to see Wigan in the relgation fight next season, especially with them about to lose a lot of people who preformed too well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I guess the same could be said about Savage moving to Blackburn when it happened. At that time, Birmingham were having a better season than Blackburn, who were down near the drop-zone. But now, well, you know the rest...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Bullard seems to be a great character , the Premier League could do with a few more like him , great to see that he's staying in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

They had no choice. When they were renewing Bullard's contract, he wanted (or his agent rather) a stipulation that said if another club comes in with an offer over a certain amount, Wigan would have to let Bullard talk to them. Fulham made this offer and Bullard wanted to leave. If you saw the interview with Paul Jewell, he looked a bit dejected and totally resigned to losing him, all out of his hands.

Didnt realise. As PHB said I could see Wigan down in the relegation zone next season, they got off to a great start this season and seemed to ride the crest of that all season.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Strange decision all right but as someone else said it coud be due to the fact that Bullard wanted to move to London. Also I do agree that Fulham do have more potential than Wigan and I wouldnt be surprised to see Wigan struggle next season. If you compare the second half of the season with the first then Wigan would have been down there. I think Bullard will be the first of a few of their better players to move as clubs come knocking for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

As PHB said, Wigan could be the next Notts Forest, Ipswich, Norwich, Derby, Leicester who all had some brilliant seasons (some ending up in Europe), but eventually got sucked back down to the bottom of the table (since the prem began).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Wigan will probably spend about £20m in the summer so I can't see them getting relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm surprised he moved to but maybe he wanted to get back to London, AFAIK he used to play for West Ham. He's a very good player though and doesn't get injured much, which is good. I wouldn't of minded seeing Blackburn get him.

At 2.5 million, he's definitely a good buy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Lemlin wrote:
    I'm surprised he moved At 2.5 million, he's definitely a good buy.

Agree strongly

I'd imagine someone like Bullard would have brought a lot to Wigans dressing room, probably be sorely missed.

Advertisement