Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architectural costs?

Options
  • 28-04-2006 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any resources on how much architects should cost?

We're looking to get some plans done so that we can submit them for planning permission. Are there any guideline figures for this?

I checked the riai website, but they seem to want to charge, which I guess I'll pay if I can't get any info elsewhere.

If details help, this is for two side-by-side basically identical ~1600 sq. ft. houses.

Thanks,
    Zab.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

Your best bet is to ring a couple of Architects and ask them their fee as most of them offer a standard charge for house plans and submission to planning....

As a reference my Architect cost 1900 Euro for my house plans and planning application for a 3200sqft house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Zab

RIAI architects tend to be on top of the pile in regard to the work they do and the fees they charge. If you want a bespoke design go there if you want a more standard house for usually a more reasonable fee find a local Architectural Technologist and look for quotes. No matter who you pick try to see some previous work of theirs, or get some of your friends who ahve build recently to reccomend (or not) the person / firm they used, some Councils (not all) have quite good websites where you can look at planning records online, put in whoever you are thinking of using and see what kind of record they have with that council permissions granted, refused, invalid or withdrawn.

Advertisement