Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else lose their tv reception along dunmore rd. area today?

Options
  • 28-04-2006 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Please tell me it'll be ok for the match tomorrow!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

deise59 wrote:
    Please tell me it'll be ok for the match tomorrow!!

My brother-in-law lives in Ballinakill, and is in the same boat. Apparently, some major fibre cable shredded somewhere near John's Park. Don't know much else, but it seems that these things take an eternity to repair. Hope that helps.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Danes

half the town seems to be without cable. I wouldnt be too hopeful of it being back for tomorrow - you'll have to find a pub to watch the match in.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just spoke to Meldrew and he informs me that his cableTV is back but he is still without his NTL broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah i lost my cable yesterday AND MY F*CKING BROADBAND IS STILL GONE!!!!!!!Im in the library now!! THis is rediculouse,Everyday i loose my broadband connection for at least 6 hours it really is a joke now,and we are going to leave NTL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Yeah I was on to CS yesterday and they said was that there was a 'major breakdown' along the Dunmore road area. The girl on the other end of the line said that both TV and BB would be out for the majority of the day.
    I checked my modem when I came in from work this morning and the sync light was back on. I am guessing it was fixed here sometime after midnight.
    Much as I love to cpmplain, it was out of NTL's hands.

• Advertisement

Yeah i lost my cable yesterday AND MY F*CKING BROADBAND IS STILL GONE!!!!!!!Im in the library now!! THis is rediculouse,Everyday i loose my broadband connection for at least 6 hours it really is a joke now,and we are going to leave NTL!!

Checked with my brother-in-law in Ballinakill. Came back sometime during the night. Must have been something major.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Crimson...

the council hit the wires in a field by accident and a water pipe :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

From the Waterford Today:

Waterford City Council set to launch new broadband service. Deputy Mayor Laurence "Cha" O'Neill (or was it Pat Hayes) informed Waterford Today that he is pleased to be at the liberty to announce such a service to the citizens of Waterford. The new system is set to run on a network of tin cans and string which will be upgraded to alluminium foil over time. The Council will be offering 2 packages, the first package being labelled as "working" while the second is to be called "broken". To add excitement to the procedings, packages will be distributed at random and you will have no choice in the matter. Waterford City Council assures us that the major NTL broadband outage during the week is totally unrelated to this announcement. As is the recent introduction of a new bye law which states that the minumum speed deemed to be broadband is now 1kbps.

Jennifer Long

LOL thats good.Ny TV was back yesterday but i only got BB back about an hour ago.Its still really slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

I lost NTL Broadband sometime Friday morning and only got it restored today about 13:00ish. As I have ditched my eircom line and opted instead for NTL & Blueface for my calls I was without a phone service too :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Just got broad band back today and its still going so fingers crossed it'll stay this time , it came back on Saturday for about an hour and went off again ,
    Did anyone get through to NTL at all ? I tried a couple of times but was on hold for about twenty minutes and hung up , they're brutal out there !

I got through to them this moring at about 11.15 i was onl on the phone for just over ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

meldrew wrote:
    Did anyone get through to NTL at all ? I tried a couple of times but was on hold for about twenty minutes and hung up , they're brutal out there !

Check above ^^

From the Waterford Today:

Waterford City Council set to launch new broadband service. Deputy Mayor Laurence "Cha" O'Neill (or was it Pat Hayes) informed Waterford Today that he is pleased to be at the liberty to announce such a service to the citizens of Waterford. The new system is set to run on a network of tin cans and string which will be upgraded to alluminium foil over time. The Council will be offering 2 packages, the first package being labelled as "working" while the second is to be called "broken". To add excitement to the procedings, packages will be distributed at random and you will have no choice in the matter. Waterford City Council assures us that the major NTL broadband outage during the week is totally unrelated to this announcement. As is the recent introduction of a new bye law which states that the minumum speed deemed to be broadband is now 1kbps.

Jennifer Long

Have to give that 10/10!:D

Advertisement