Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikipedia...very intelligent

Options
  • 28-04-2006 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Read this article, was doing some research about contaminated drinking water, Thought I'd see what was on Wikipedia, and I found it obviously some wise guy thought he'd be funny!

See the last two lines :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In the case of Wikipedia, it might be an idea to give a history number, or quote what you're looking at. Given that its prone to changing at a blinks notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

netwhizkid wrote:
    Read this article, was doing some research about contaminated drinking water, Thought I'd see what was on Wikipedia, and I found it obviously some wise guy thought he'd be funny!

See the last two lines :D
    wiki wrote:
    Fecal coliforms as indicator of water quality

In waters of the US, water quality is monitoried to protect the health of the general public. Bacteria contamination is one monitored pollutant. Fecal coliforms are found in the gut of humans and warm blooded animals. When Fecal coliforms are found in water bodies in great quanities, they may indicate a higher risk of pathogens being present in the water. While only a few Enterobacteria are problematic for humans, they serve the purpose of indicating risk of other known pathogens.

netwhizkid is an idiot.

pwnd!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Fecal_E.Coli - contaminated drinking water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Anyway it had a piece at the end before it got edited about how the Coliforms had caused a guy to grow six arms and how he was performing well in the NBA. Funny that, I have often heard Wiki is unreliable but that was my first case of seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well it does show how quickly wikipedia corrects itself and protects itself from vandals like edanto there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement