Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Missing - Walkinstown.

Options
  • 28-04-2006 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I thought I would start here with my search for my ginger cat that has gone missing. He's a year old and is always very clingy and stays close to the house, But he hasn't been seen since yesterday evening which is extremely unusual. He is spayed so he doesn't generally wander.

Location is Walkinstown, St.James's Road area.

Owners very upset and a reward is offered for information leading to his return.

My mobile number is on his coller, so if you happen to find him you can call this number.

See attached recent picture.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Be sure to post on petsireland too.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

post on irishanimals.ie in the lost section

also contact the ISPCA for it to go up on their website.

If the cat does return don't forget to let the sites you have posted on know. Good Luck hope he turns up none the worse for his little adventure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We have now come to the conclusion that Henry is either been stolen or is in someones house. We spent 2 hours combing the local area last night and seen no sight of him.

I'm going to wait until the magic 3 day mark and then step it up a gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Magic 3 day wait seemingly worked. He turned up last night, very hungry and looking a bit on the scruffy side.

I was reading that cats will return home within 3 days or not at all. Something to do with them not surviving without food past the 3 day mark and your adverage house cat has the hunting instincts of a metal post.

All's well that ends well :D

A little lesson to be learned from this is not to let your cats out after dark and starve them so they come home. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

If he's a full male it's a good idea to get him neutered, because males get lost when chasing women or being chased by other fellows.

For the future, if a cat goes missing, the most useful thing you can do is plaster all the streets parallel with your own, your own street, and the crossing streets - plus local shops and vets and doctors' surgeries and especially schools - with a poster with the cat's picture. Put "much-loved pet", ask people to check sheds and garages, put your mobile number, and don't offer a reward. Oh, and put the date the cat went missing. And when he's found, put "FOUND! THANKS!" stamps on the schools posters and one on each street, and take the others down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement