Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is there a 90bhp engine available in the 2002model passat?

Options
  • 28-04-2006 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

Or were they only available in 110 and 130 options?
    Im referring to the diesels here, the Tdi engines.

Does anyone here have a 90bhp passat in the 2001 to 2005model or whatever the year scale of that model is.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

No, the 90HP (AHU) engine ceased around 2001.5 (the facelift). I had a 98 one, smashing engine (I don't care what anyone says). The fixed vane turbo in 'em was very reliable (same as the 1Z engine before, around since 92 I think) whereas the higher HP ones all have variable vane turbos which are inherently less reliable with all the extra moving parts.

Sh!t front suspension though. Dunno how word hasn't gone round about all the problems you get on them (might have been resolved by 02 though).

Think the base engine even in 02 was a PD 100Bhp unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You want a 90bhp engine in a Passat? Why not just walk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

You want a 90bhp engine in a Passat? Why not just walk?
    Lol, i know they`d be slow but i dont want one. My uncle has the 130Hp 6spd `02 model from new and is now getting the new model which is a 2.0L 140hp model. Theres a 110version aswell in the `05.

I always thought there was a 90hp engine in the 2002 model, but my uncle was adamant there were only 2engines in his model passat, a 110 and the 130. But i was sure there were 3engines the other being either a 90 or a 100. A quick search on carzone ahs passats being advertised with 90, 100,105,110 and 130 diesel engines.

Can anyone clear this up for good, were there 2 or 3 engines versions in his 2002 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

2, 100 and 130

Advertisement