Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 (R1) DVD Release Date / Bonus Materials / Art..

• 28-04-2006 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Just some info on the Region 1 DVD release of Season 2.

Release date of October 3rd but will definantly be considerably cheaper than the Part 1 and 2 of the Region 2 set.

From TVShowsOnDVD.com:
    Lost - New Date, Info on Bonus Material & Art

We posted the Lost Season 2 date on Tuesday, and on Wednesday it changed from September 5 to October 3 ... The good news is the set will contain some unaired flashbacks, an interactive matrix exploring the connections between characters and numbers, and a whole lot more.

Here's a look at the temporary artwork for the second season (the set lacks the logos).

Lost-S2.jpg

And also the original snipper from USAToday.com:
    In addition to "lost," unaired flashbacks, the seven-disc Lost: The Complete Second Season — The Extended Edition (Oct. 3, $60) promises an interactive matrix for exploring the connections between various characters and numbers.

Information gotten from here and here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I think the whole "Extended Experience" bit just looks out of place, but it's good to see some Tailies on the cover. All that matters I suppose is that it fits snugly beside my Season 1 DVD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

qz wrote:
    All that matters I suppose is that it fits snugly beside my Season 1 DVD!
    Agreed... i like the presence of the numbers along the bottom though.

Some more detailed info on special features:
    Disney has released their "Fact Sheet" for the second season of Lost, and now we know a lot more about the bonus features than we did when the release date was announced a few days ago. You can preorder the set from Amazon.com for $41.99.

LOST: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON-THE EXTENDED EXPERIENCE

Studio:
    Buena Vista Home Entertainment and Touchstone Television

Story:
    Touchstone Television's Golden Globe® Award and six-time Emmy Award-winning hit show "Lost" returns to DVD with an all new, must-own DVD box set, LOST: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON - THE EXTENDED EXPERIENCE. This sizzling 7-disc DVD box set includes every thrilling second-season episode and features bonus materials found nowhere else except on DVD.

As the world of "Lost" expands, more and more thrilling discoveries occur, including the breath-taking appearances of the "Taillies," passengers from the back half of the plane; and "the Others," the super-human, mysterious and dangerous inhabitants of the island. Such key storylines as the 108 minutes frequency, "the numbers" cryptic number sequence, the ominous Dharma Initiative Symbol and more are all found in the Second Season.

Cast:
    Matthew Fox (TV's "Party of Five"), Terry O'Quinn (TV's "The West Wing"), Josh Holloway (TV's "Sabretooth"), Harold Perrineau (TV's "Oz"), (Daniel Dae Kim, TV's "24"), Malcolm David Kelley ("Antwone Fisher"), Yunjin Kim ("Shiri"), Evangeline Lilly, Dominic Monaghan ("The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy), Emile de Ravin (TV's "The Beastmaster"), Jorge Garcia (TV's "Becker"), Maggie Grace (TV's "Cold Case"), Naveen Andrews ("Bride and Prejudice"). In addition, another previously unknown survivor of the crash of flight #815 joins the cast: Ana-Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez, "Girlfight," "The Fast and the Furious"). She is the mysterious woman whom Jack had previously met at a Sydney airport bar. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (TV's "Oz") joins the cast as Mr. Eko, a resident of the island whose story is one of the mysteries explored during the second season.

Over 8 Hours of Bonus Materials Including:

* LOST CONNECTIONS: Viewers can navigate between the crossed paths of the characters, and follow the connections to the mysterious numbers. Includes compelling motion graphics, never before seen footage from the show, insight from the creators, and plants seeds to upcoming connections in the new TV season.

* LOST: ON LOCATION: This featurette provides an in-depth look at the making of 10 individual episodes of Lost. Here is an up-close and compelling look at life on the set of TV's most exciting thriller.

* THE LOST FLASHBACKS: These original, never-before-seen flashbacks from the show provide exciting new insights into the back stories of the survivors.

* SECRETS OF THE HATCH: Get an insider's look at this mysterious location.

* LOST BLOOPERS

* DELETED SCENES

* FIRE AND WATER: ANATOMY OF AN EPISODE: Follows the creation of a 'Lost' episode from script to finish.

* AUDIO COMMENTARIES

* AND MUCH MORE

STREET DATE: October 3, 2006
    Suggested retail price: $59.99 (7-disc DVD box set)
    Rated: TV-14. Bonus materials not rated, and subject to change.
    DVD aspect ratio: 1.78:1 enhanced for 16x9 TV screens
    Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Sound
    Language: English audio

Source!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

* FIRE AND WATER: ANATOMY OF AN EPISODE

way to go, on getting the episode name wrong, idiots!
    (i know im being pedantic but its fire +(plus) water) :rolleyes:
    also cool idea, but why focus on such a useless episode ? :(
    2.10 or 2.15 would of been WAY cooler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sweet. The special features look like a big step up from Season 1. I'll definately be buying this when it comes out in R1 instead of waiting for the R2 releases to come out in halves over here and get ripped off :rolleyes: I mean, half of Season 1 here was more expensive than the whole R1 Season 1 on Amazon.

• Advertisement

Final artwork and menu screens

Very nice... don't like the big 2 on the artwork though. We already have "The Complete Second Season" - was there any need for the "gi-normous" 2? It just obscures the cool shot of the numbers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Good detective work!

I personally quite like the box art. The "extended experience bit is, thankfully much smaller, and I don't think the "2" looks that bad at all, it matches the "1" (funnily enough) on the Season 1 boxset.
    I like the island picture on the spine too, reminds me of the screen in Mr. Paik's office.
    You can see silhouettes just above Sayid and Jack in the lineup... The Others? I think on the original version of that picture, the Fusies were in the foreground, and we assumed it was the Tailies. Am I right?

Also, the box has a nice battered look to it, as opposed to the shiny steel look of the Season 1 box.

Advertisement