Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you wear yellow if you are not tanned?

• 29-04-2006 1:43am

Am pondering whether to buy some yellow tops tomorrow.Im fair skinned.Ive been told yellow doesn't suit fair skinned people.Is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not really imo but you wouldn't catch me in no fag yellow clothes. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I used to wear purple and yellow together.. those colours worked fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BlueMorpho

Yellow is a great summer colour and of course, go without the tan if ur teaming it with pants... Tan is necessary for wearing skirts though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I've never heard of such a "rule"... I remember Renee Zelweger (sp?) wearing a beautiful yellow dress to the Oscars or a similiar awards ceremony a few years ago. She was very pale and looked absolutely stunning. Go for it I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm really pale, not into fake tan, and I wear most colours ... some rules are just mean to be broken! If it looks good on me imo, then I don't really care ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Not if its flourescent really bright yellow,like the tops in pennys. Looks really nice if it is a soft pastel yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I wear yellow and green and will wear it tomorrow at the match:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

I'm very fair and have blonde hair so for those two reasons I never wore yellow, but out shopping one day I saw a really nice yellow t-shirt so I said I might as well ''go mad'' and I bought it and surprisingly a lot of people complimented it on me. I think it looks nice also. So I say yes you can!

this is one of the tops that i bought today?
    Feel free to be critical!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Ah yeah..very nice! Definitely suits you

• Advertisement

God i look so gormless witlout gel!Thanks fuzzy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Eh.. I feel stupid over my Renee Z comment now - didn't realize you were of the male persuasion there Dazzler! In any case the top is nice :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

yeah it looks really nice...its a good shade for pale skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

panda100 wrote:
    Not if its flourescent really bright yellow,like the tops in pennys. Looks really nice if it is a soft pastel yellow

Anything too vibrant, especially flourescent, in any colour has a tendancy to make me look ill, panda! One of the curses of being Irish, I don't think many of us can really pull off flourescent ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yellow works if you're tanned? Sounds fabulous. Never knew that, I must simply try it or I'll just die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

looks stupid. burn it.

X-SL wrote:
    looks stupid. burn it.
    That hurts!Im going to have to cry into my pink shirt now!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Am pondering whether to buy some yellow tops tomorrow.Im fair skinned.Ive been told yellow doesn't suit fair skinned people.Is this true?

Yellow outfits remind me of the film, "Kill Bill."

Well im not going to go extreme and wear a yellow spandex suit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

Lol...
    Pale pale yellow with a tan is teh sex.

• Advertisement
Advertisement