Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Supreme

• 29-04-2006 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I was wondering is it unhealthy to cook my chicken supreme in the microwave? It only takes 7 min compared to the 25min it takes for boiling. And it tastes just the same.
    Also, would the Birdseye product be healthier than the Dunnes Stores brand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Why do you think that cooking it in the microwave would be more unhealthy than doing it in the oven?

As for Birdseye vs Dunnes, check the ingredients on both and compare them..

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Because it seems too fast compared to the ther method so it can't be natural.

The birds eye product is a lot more expensive, and as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Because it seems too fast compared to the ther method so it can't be natural.

You aren't comparing like with like however. It's like comparing a boiling and baking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave_ovens gives a good overview of how they do what they do.
    The birds eye product is a lot more expensive, and as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for

Not always, especially with pre-packaged food. Never make an assumption on brand/price alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Debracd

I think Birdseye claim to leave out alot of colours, preservitives and trans/hydrogenated fats. But like someone above said, just read the boxes all the info you need is there. You could always make your own and freeze it that way you'd definitely know what went into it!

Advertisement