Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam (new album)

• 29-04-2006 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

so, with all this talk of the gig, I've heard nothin about the album. Just got mine this morning. sounds great already and I'm only on track 4. I hear it's their best since Vs. it's starting to sound like it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

haven't had a chance to sit down and listen to it properly yet, but what I've heard so far I've liked.......and I heard it's selling really well here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I'd say it'll go to no.1 over here. unless Idiots are stilll buyin like, Shane Ward or somethin.. hopefully it will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

From quick listens on iTunes its very promising. I like it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Supposed to bo on sale Tuesday. You guys getting it delivered or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

No its on iTunes and in the shop, for sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

oh really, i completely forgot that it was out. Think I'll get it before work so i do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Im orderin it tomorrow from cdwow. sounds quite good from what iv heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

its been on sale everywhere since friday i think, i got it in tower, going for about 20 in all the shops. its very good by the way:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

€13 on cdwow. i need to save every few euros i can nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Had two listens to it last night at work. Really liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ilac

Wait, the new Pearl Jam album is on sale in Dublin already?

I should have expected this, we couldn't possibly have an album released in Ireland on a Tuesday. Always on a Friday, always. (Except for Radiohead's KID A, if I remember correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

"Pearl Jam" is an excellent album. Best since Yield. No filler at all. I was lucky enough to get it a little early - last Thursday, and since then I haven't stopped listening. My favourite at the moment is Marker in the Sand. The only song that really disappoints is Gone. Otherwise, perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Animalistic

Loving the new album... picked it up in Tesco for 14.95 last night,
    heard most of it already. My favourites are Severed Hand and Inside Job ... Inside Job just clinches it for me. Can't wait to hear em live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭spaceboy

love the album as well.their best since yield.
    not a bad song on it,my favs at the mo is marker in the sand,unemployable & inside job.can't wait to hear these songs live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jskellington

Best yet I think. Probably closer to vitalogy than anything else. Part Black Flag, part AC/DC, part Bruce Springsteen, part Beatles, part Who and part Val Doonican. Only disappointment is that Aslan soundalike muck which I have been unable to listen to the whole way through yet due to a completely unexplainable allergic reaction to all things Dignam and Co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ilac wrote:
    Wait, the new Pearl Jam album is on sale in Dublin already?

I should have expected this, we couldn't possibly have an album released in Ireland on a Tuesday. Always on a Friday, always. (Except for Radiohead's KID A, if I remember correctly)

I think I remember KID A coming out a week before everywhere else, the monday BEFORE the UK. I remember buying it in blanch, a nice surprise :)

The new PJ album is pretty good, it has some strong songs and some nice production, although some songs don't really stand out. Apparently a remixed version of Ten might be coming out, without all the over the top reverb and other effects of that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Everybody's saying this is their best effort since Yield. I can't help but think that's damning the album with feint praise. I could have recorded the best Pearl Jam album since Yield.

Still, I'll pick it up at the weekend and give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

Only disappointment is that Aslan soundalike muck which I have been unable to listen to the whole way through yet due to a completely unexplainable allergic reaction to all things Dignam and Co.

You fail to mention what song yu're talking about here. Exactly which part of Pearl Jam sounds like Aslan?

And Earthhorse - you dissin Yield? It's easily Pearl Jam's best album.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I must go and get this album during the week (only €14 ish on play.com).

Strangely, I never bought Yield. Maybe I should order it also.

And Earthhorse - you dissin Yield? It's easily Pearl Jam's best album.
    No I think he's dissin' Binaural and Riot Act. And I'd say Vitalogy is easily PJ's best album but that's a matter of opinion (but if you explore their AOL session you'll see Stone Grossard talking about how unbelievable he thinks Vitalogy is when he looks back at it - so I'm right :p)

• Advertisement

byte wrote:
    I must go and get this album during the week (only €14 ish on play.com).

Strangely, I never bought Yield. Maybe I should order it also.
    Definitely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

cregser wrote:
    No I think he's dissin' Binaural and Riot Act. And I'd say Vitalogy is easily PJ's best album but that's a matter of opinion (but if you explore their AOL session you'll see Stone Grossard talking about how unbelievable he thinks Vitalogy is when he looks back at it - so I'm right :p)

Quoted for truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jskellington

You fail to mention what song yu're talking about here. Exactly which part of Pearl Jam sounds like Aslan?

Army Reserve. However, have been unable to get beyond opening few bars.

Finally listened to it the whole way through. Not my favourite by any means, but maybe I was a little harsh.

BTW, seriously thinking about having Come Back as first wedding song when some girl decides to make a honest man of me. Just call me Rosie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I must admit It took me a few listens to get into it but it's grown on me so much now I can't stop listening to it...
    Marker in the Sand is simply brilliant although though I think Life Wasted is the weakest track...

There's alot of Vitology in this Album I think listening to the rifts etc...

Can't wait for the gig...downloaded the David Letterman gig there and they were amazing even with the muppets in the crowd. :D

Advertisement