Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wing Mirror Glass Stolen

Options
  • 29-04-2006 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

Is there no limit to what people will steal these days! Went out to my car this morning to find some scumbag had stolen the glass from the wing mirrors :rolleyes: ....not sure what its gonna cost cause it looks like he also broke the mechanism while reefing the glass out! So annoyed! :mad:
    Phew got that off my chest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Halfords have replacement glass for a lot of models. I got one for the Skoda for less than €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Halfords have replacement glass for a lot of models. I got one for the Skoda for less than €10.
    Just dropped down there and they only do the replacement glass....it doesn't have the little clasp on the back of it, just a sticky pad.....think a trip to a scrap yard might be in order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

did you try gsf?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I had to replace the glass in a Megane wing mirror a few years ago. Only cost €25 from Renault themselves and it was just a push on job to fit. Hopefully, yours will be similar. A mate thad the wing mirror kicked off his BMW last week... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

the dust caps were stolen off my 4 tyres when my car was in a housing estate, probably kids wanting them for bicycles, at least they didn't leave the air out of my tyres. I see on ebay you can get metal dust caps that only come off with a particular tool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

vector wrote:
    the dust caps were stolen off my 4 tyres when my car was in a housing estate, probably kids wanting them for bicycles, at least they didn't leave the air out of my tyres. I see on ebay you can get metal dust caps that only come off with a particular tool
    Had mine robbed a few times....got me the Richbrook locking caps already :)
    did you try gsf?
    Tis a Ford

Advertisement