Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Man. Utd. - 1230 SS1

• 29-04-2006 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Some interesting facts;

The last two meetings between Chelsea and United at Stamford Bridge have finished 1-0 to the Blues
    · Chelsea are the only team in the Premiership to have scored more than they have conceded against Man Utd 36 to 35
    · The Blues have beaten Man Utd more times eight than any other team in Premiership history
    · United have only scored three goals in their last five Premiership games against Chelsea
    · United are the only team not to lose to a team from the current top five this season
    · Chelsea have kept four clean sheets in their last five league games
    · Only three teams have prevented United from scoring this season Liverpool, Arsenal and Sunderland. None of those games ended in defeat for United, however.
    · Chelsea are undefeated in their last 43 Premiership home matches a Premiership record

Can't seem to find team sheets yet.

I think united will give it their all, so Chelsea won't be able to lift the trophy when they're in London. Chelsea are on their most inconsistent run of the season, no better time to play them after last Saturday. But, looking at the facts above, Stamford Bridge is a hard place to come. They have been beaten there this season, just not in the league.

I was at the game last saturday and noticed after Liverpools first goal went in, all the Chelsea fans shut up (or most of them), and it did effect the team. If united could sneak an early goal and soak up Drogba/Crespo until half time, i can see them go on to do it.

Chelsea will win the league, united know that, but they will do everything they can to stop it being lifted today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

For me this is all about next year, if we can win today, we can have an advantage for next year.
    I think we can win, but who knows.
    Chelsea have been off form since Christmas, so let's hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

tough one this,fegie will not want chelsea to win the league against him today so i think it will be attack from the start,as for chelsea its all set up for them,winning the league at home against united

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Any other channel other than Sky Sports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:
    if we can win today, we can have an advantage for next year.

:confused:

How?

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Team news for Man U.

Saha is in for Ruud again.

Van de Sar, Neville, Rio, Vidic, Silvestre, Ronaldo, O' Shea, Giggs, Park, Rooney, Saha

Chelsea team to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

How?

lol was thinking same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Becuase Chelsea will spend the entire summer brooding over the defeat and will collapse in a heap come August.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

well another utd win over chelsea will give them more hope going into next season, plus no harm in ruining their home record, as if they have that going into next season it'll probably keep on going for a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

mike65 wrote:
    Becuase Chelsea will spend the entire summer brooding over the defeat and will collapse in a heap come August.

Mike.

Doubtful , however who can tell what physicological effect doing the double will have on both teams the next time they meet. Remember what happen Arsenal when United put an end to their unbeaten run?

Preventing them for winning today will definitely give united fans a boost should taht happen.

Ruud not starting, Me thinks he will be sold in the summer.

One word: Arsenal.

49 unbeaten.
    Beaten
    Collapsed

It happens.

---

Ruud not starting, is that a sign of being sold? He has been off form lately so it's probably deserved.
    This is going to be a very open match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Come on United. I really think we can do it today! Couldn't hack them winning it against us today!

I really should know by now that being facetious don't work in print!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.
    i got it mike;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Chelsea to win and to lift the league title in front of fergie and co.

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

You should have used a smiley mike.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

I so hope we can beat the chavski's.

Anyone else just see a banana skin thrown at Rio?

balls:mad:

Gallas with another goal from a set play

Alright, everybody get a bet on Slyvestre being sold, get the money right now.

Definite foul on Ronaldo

---
    What the **** are these yellow things being thrown onto the pitch?

Ffs :(

• Advertisement

Oops! They think its all over...

Mike.

Terry appears to be seriously injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Did Rooney get booked for Terry falling?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

KdjaC wrote:
    Did Rooney get booked for Terry falling?

kdjac
    Nope. just a telling off

PHB wrote:
    Alright, everybody get a bet on Slyvestre being sold, get the money right now.

Aye you can always depend on him to cock up when the pressure is on.

Not hugely unhappy with the preformance, created a couple of half chances and one decent chance. Getting fouled every time we get into the CHelsea half.
    Besides defensive terribleness from Slyvestre, we've shut Chelsea out mostly, with them only really have one other chance.

Let's hope we can build on it. I think Saha has been ineffective, bring on Ruud.

Man U have been made look very ordinary imo. As you said Saha has been ineffective as have others. Rooney is trying his heart out. O Shea has been disappointing too. Should really have done better with that header at the end of the half.

Chelsea are deservedly in front and should go on to collect at least the point they need to collect the trophy in front of their home crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

United are playing like a team of boys against men. No confidence at all. Every cross is too short, they're giving the ball away too easily and Rooney's effort summed up the whole first half.

If United came back and won this it would be their finest performance in years in my opinion. The best we can hope for is a draw and if you offered me that now I'd take the hand and all off ya. I just don't see this chelsea team conceding to a team whose confidence drained out of them like a burst pipe as soon as gallas scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,325 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Chelsea are way on top here. Schoolboy defending to concede the goal. If Robben had sqared earlier it would be 2 to Chelsea. I was very surprised at the terrible finishing from rooney for the one on one, fantastic run through though.

If I hear the Sky muppets talk about how Robben right is his wrong foot, I will scream! Robben is getting a 7 figure salary to play football, it is too much to ask that a player can shoot with either foot?

• Advertisement

If I hear the Sky muppets talk about how Robben right is his wrong foot, I will scream! Robben is getting a 7 figure salary to play football, it is too much to ask that a player can shoot with either foot?

Thats exactly why I am watching this game on Art sport instead of SS. I really cant stand Andy Gray.

How many fouls can Makelele bloody have without getting a nother yellow? That's 4 now since his yellow

Duff coming on...or maybe not!

Mike.

Yeh that's great ref, book Ronaldo after 3 fouls, show some bloody consistancy!

2-0 joe cole

....and it is now!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

2-0 - Joe Cole

Magical goal from Cole

Amateurs.

Congratulation to Chelsea FC on winning back to back Premiership titles for the first time.

My sentiments exactly Aquos76, Congratulations Chelsea the only team to do it back to back after Man United. Well done to Mourinho , I hate him with every inch of my being along with everyone else Chelsea but they do deserve this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

What're you talking about? There's still 20 minutes left! If the team were as quick to quit as the fans......

3 goals in less than 20 against the best team in England. I dont think so. Remember Chelsea only need a draw.

nipplenuts wrote:
    What're you talking about? There's still 20 minutes left! If the team were as quick to quit as the fans......

And you were saying..... 3-0 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

heh pwned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

prawn sandwhich Aquos76?

This is really painful. tbh. Man U might has well have stayed on the train instead of getting off at london

el rabitos wrote:
    prawn sandwhich Aquos76?

...and what is that suppose to mean?

el rabitos wrote:
    prawn sandwhich Aquos76?

What the hell are you talking about?

United were simply awful today, and to be honest they should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Man Utd will need a new centre back next season,Vidic is a clown.
    He is always fouling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement