Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Man. Utd. - 1230 SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Exactly Aquos76.

BTW stop trying to stir the pot el rabitos.

Aquos76 and I have both commended Chelsea, hell Aquos76 went as far to congratulate them in a new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What he means to say is you're a fan that only cares about winning. Show some respect for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

What he means to say is you're a fan that only cares about winning. Show some respect for the team.

well said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

For all the talk of Utd putting a marker down for next season, Chelsea have, Men against boys today. I think the run Utd went on before this result papered over the cracks and gave Utd fans false hope, IMO thats the pooriest Utd team I have seen in the last 15 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

PHB wrote:

Respect for what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Englands World Cup hopes might have just gone down the drain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Oh oh.. Rooney looks bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Well thats then, when it came to the crunch, United came up short. In truth the game was over once the Utd team sheet was announced, in big games, you need your big players, RVN being one of them.

Congrats to Chelsea, the fight for second is still on (barely)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PHB wrote:

How do you make out I have no respect for the team. Man Utd have been well beaten by a far better team today.

As for me only caring about only winning, Isnt that what competing is all about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rooney injured, horrid for United. If he is seriously injured, England are gone for the WC

This game has been decided in the way that all the top games are decided, in the midfield.
    Chelsea's midfield has been magnificient. United's has been non-existant.
    A deserved win for their preformance in the 2nd half.

As for me only caring about only winning, Isnt that what competing is all about.

Yeh but you're not competing, they are, and you are meant to be supporting them.

Oh sh!t, Roon is down, lets hope he aint badly injured cause if he is, England are fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Oh dear that doesnt look good at all.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The fact is United went out there today with a very negative attitutde and as soon as Chelsea scored you could see that the game was over. United haven't been fit for a scrap in a long time and they were showed up today big style.

you would think he just died on the pitch they way they're talking on sky news

Did evryone see the look on Lamps and Terry's faces when roon went off.

• Advertisement

no?

Yeh but you're not competing, they are, and you are meant to be supporting them.

I am still supporting them and will continue to, I was just acknowledging that Chelsea had finally landed the title and offered my congratulations to them.

In all fairness after the second goal, could you honestly think this Utd side on todays preformance would be capable of scoring 3 goals in the final 20 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tackled by a Portugese? hmmmmmm!

and what about Terry? Not being subbed by a Portugese?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Rooney was barely touched. The chappies on Sky have the World Cup as a lost cause already.

bizmark wrote:
    no?
    They looked pretty concerned alright. Just flipped over to Sky News. Quick off the mark aren't they.

• Advertisement

In fairness he did look in some pain.

ready made excuse for failing to win the world cup.

If he is injured, they are actually screwed, because Michael Owen has hardly played. Alright Darren Bent maybe, Crouch is sh!te, Jermain Defoe has not performed that well this season.

Heskey FTW. :)

el rabitos wrote:

Yeah SkyNews are really going OTT with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

sure they always have to have some excuse when they dont win, same for every previous tournament.

what happened to him anyway it looks like he was bearly touched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

el rabitos wrote:

Thats a bit harsh.They have an outside chance with him playing and no chance if he isnt fit.

Take your scouser goggles off and try and be impartial for a change.

Just said on Sky Sports that it's apparently not as bad as it looked.

Wouldnt of wanted to get that medal to the head :eek:

Thats a bit harsh.They have an outside chance with him playing and no chance if he isnt fit.

Take your scouser goggles off and try and be impartial for a change.

what are you smoking? whats being a liverpool fan got to do with me thinking the british media are already preparing a excuse for if they dont win the world cup?

any team that relys so heavily on any 1 player wont win the world cup, and the way they are acting on sky news is a slap in the face to every other player in the squad.

hopefully he's grand anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aquos76 wrote:
    In all fairness after the second goal, could you honestly think this Utd side on todays preformance would be capable of scoring 3 goals in the final 20 mins.
    who would have thought liverpool could have scored 3 goals in 20 mins against milan last season ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

good win by chelsea in the end....a really good counter attacking team...

the only chance a team has of beating chelsea is to pressure them and press them...utd did not do this and thats why the lost...

They ran away with the league again...but i think they will spend even more money to try and capture the champions league...£270million and only winning the prem league is not good enough...i think Mouri will be out on his ear next season if he only wins 1 trophy again...

Mau U were not playing well when they went 2 down and truely neverly looked like gettin anything out of the game. While liverpool were 3-0 down they got an early reply in the second half and they got better and better. Its possible that the same could have happened, but we will never know now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Funny seeing Jose throwing both medals and his jacket into the crowd! I'm sure they'll be on ebay this afternoon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

most of the utd players did not work hard enough, Rooney was screaming at some of the other players to press, but they didnt....you have to work hard to have a chance of winning....thats what lfc did in instanbul....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

the interview with fergie was atrocious, thank god fergie put a stop to it!!

also Mourinho gets 2 medals and throws them both into the crowd now fair enough if u wanna do it with your own medal, but i'm sure there are players like maniche who wont play enough games to get one but who deserve one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

back to back premiership wins , Lovely !!! :D

What a goal by Carvalho , outstanding , he deserved MOTM more than Joe Cole imo.

Poor Utd perrformance I thought, lost the ball far too easily, Ronaldo (not the fat one) should have been booked multiple times for his antics, Mike Dean should have been wearing a red shirt too the amount of decisions he gave to Utd.

Anyway I'm off to celebrate. CHAMPIONS !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

To conceed in the first 5 mins against chelsea when you a win, it was pretty much game over then. Chelsea could just counter as ManU vainly threw men forward and in the end deserved the 3-0 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I was working all day, didn't see anything or even hear anything bar the scoreline. In fact, didn't know anything of Rooney's injury till I read this thread. What kind of injury is it and how serious is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Great display by Chelsea, it looked like there was a gulf in class between teh two sides. People finally seen how ordinary a midfield of Giggs and O'Shea really is when put up against some genuine class.

Superb goal by Joe Cole, he really made Rio look like a fool. Imagine if Terry was really injured. No Rooney and Rio and Campbell at the back! It would have been funny watching England in the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

iregk wrote:
    People finally seen how ordinary a midfield of Giggs and O'Shea really is when put up against some genuine class.

I thought they did quite well considering they were outnumbered 3 to 2 by Makelele,Essien and Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

iregk wrote:
    People finally seen how ordinary a midfield of Giggs and O'Shea really is when put up against some genuine class.
    Well considering they are a make-shift midfield and neither are actually central midfielders, it's hard to square up against a trio that cost something like 35-40 million pounds.

Well considering they are a make-shift midfield and neither are actually central midfielders, it's hard to square up against a trio that cost something like 35-40 million pounds.

Exactly thats whay im saying. The point im making in there is that for the past few months all I've been hearing off united fans, not necessarily off this board, is how O'Shea is showing signs of a true class midfielder and Ryan is just amazing. They are not central midfielders as they showed today and thats an area United must fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Nice to see Big Nelly being so even handed. Last week one thing thrown onto the pitch, this game Chelsea fans peppering the pitch with bananas and other assorted fruit and nothing is said. Where are all of the people who abused liverpool fans last week ??

Anyway, congrats Chelsea won the league and with a game to spare and managed to become the most hated team in England all in the space of a season. At least Jose was gracious last season, all changed now. Glad he has not got a double yet, he would be unbearable.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well done Chelsea, deserved after a very poor showing by United. Mikey silvestre lost as usual!
    Hopefully next season will be closer!!

Rooney looked like a bad injury but the way that Sky blew it up was funny!

Mournhino is a plonker, throwing 2 medals, he could have caused a riot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

why is everyone saying its a poor showing by utd?

they were made to look poor by chelsea.

best team won the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

. . . best team won the league.

No. The biggest wallet won it.

ZEN

they were made to look poor by chelsea.

they were made look poor by liverpool aswell imo...liverpool just didnt finish them off and paid for it. chelsea finished them off because they have the full package right now, they're the most complete, balanced team in the league.

man u, liverpool and arsenal will have to hit the ground running at the start of next season, because chelsea start as they mean to go on.

for man u, arsenal and liverpool the bar has been raised to the point that if you want to win the league, you cant lose to any team outside the top 4 and you have to take points from chelsea and the other 2 top teams.

no disrespect meant to newcastle or spurs or any other peripheral team, but i think that the gap between the "top 4" and the rest is just light years right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is arsenal still top 4? or will it be a top 3 for a while, especially if Henry leaves.

ZENER wrote:
    No. The biggest wallet won it.

ZEN

ok, so then they are not the best team in the league they just have the most money? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement