Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor old Bohemians

• 29-04-2006 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Sad state of affairs for them at the moment , take 37 Million and leave dalymount for a brand new stadium in Castleknock or get 10 million and let Shels into Dalyer.

Star has a big article on the propsed deal and vote that takes place next week by the Bohs fans to decide what to do. Altho funny that either way they be rich it be a sad day to see Dalyer go having gone to my 1st internationals there and even tho its a rundown kip. Seen some great matches out there. I feel sorry for Bohs fans having to be the ones to decide its fate as there is only one real offer and thats to leave, there is no way in hell i would trust any offer from the FAI or goverment, just no way they will come good on it. And im sure Bohs fans will also feel the same.

Could be the end for this :

http://www.groundhopping.ch/spielberichte/bohemians-Dateien/image009.jpg
    http://www.groundhopping.ch/spielberichte/bohemians-Dateien/image010.jpg
    http://www.groundhopping.ch/spielberichte/bohemians-Dateien/image011.jpg

kdjac

Should Bohs condemn Dalymount? 17 votes

Yes.
    0%
    No.
    100%
    Seanehsuper_furryKdjaCLevilhomerLizardKingAPMBig EarsKingp35blu_sonicChardee MacDennisdcarrollSpAcEd OuTJonny ArsonRikandronbyrne2005BrianCalgaryketchup_please 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yea problem is our board has f*cked up pretty badly the last few years - the sale of the shopping centre end being very dodgy, rumour has it we dont own the 6 yard box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No.
    bohsman wrote:
    Yea problem is our board has f*cked up pretty badly the last few years - the sale of the shopping centre end being very dodgy, rumour has it we dont own the 6 yard box.

Are you voting ? :)

kdjac

Unforunately not a member, left it too late at the start of the season, didnt realise it takes 6 weeks or so to become one.

Im just glad the sharing with Ollie option for 2 million for half of Dalymount with the FAI maybe throwing a few quid our way is a non runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

No.
    dalyer holds no grip over me, its a kip,ive gone there for last 18 years since i was a toddler and would be delighted to cash in and move to a better arena,then we might stand a chance of getting into champions league proper.we need to move on and progress in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I guess if it comes down to a simple choice (a) rowing in with Shels for x amount money or (b) getting a new ground and not having to have anything to do with Shels and getting 4times as much money from the deal then there's really no decision to make.

I just hope that if we leave that there actually is a stadium waiting for us to move into and not just a patch of land, no planning permssion and lots of bags of cement. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

surely there is no choice here, it has to be their own stadium an the 37 million. But as pigman says, they have to make sure there is actually a stadium waiting for them. There is no point in doing a rovers on it, ie selling up and then haveing no home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

No.
    woud like to see them out in castleknock. do you knwo where? also when will the decision be made?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Call_me_al wrote:
    woud like to see them out in castleknock. do you knwo where? also when will the decision be made?

The racecourse would have been a nice spot if the developers had'nt got their hands on it. The navan road needs more traffic about as much as the new nangor road in clondalkin did. Always thought that would have been a decent place for a national stadium (the racecourse not the nangor rd)

No.
    In the Star they have the field directly to the left of the Toll bridge marked with a big X.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaC wrote:
    In the Star they have the field directly to the left of the Toll bridge marked with a big X.

kdjac
    Thats right in my neck of the woods, which would be handy, but if I was a Bohs fan (god forbid :D) I wouldn't be keen on moving. And, as a football fan, I don't want to see Dalymount go.

• Advertisement

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Thats right in my neck of the woods, which would be handy, but if I was a Bohs fan (god forbid :D) I wouldn't be keen on moving. And, as a football fan, I don't want to see Dalymount go.

Why would you be against it as a Bohs fan? I know Dalymounts a central location with a million busses going past but we're not exactly getting the crowds, is the area accessible and is there a cachment area? How would you compare it to Lissenhall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

No.
    non bohs supporters wont want bohs cashing in and dominating the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

If someone is offering 37million(for real?) to leave Dalymount, I would take it before the offer isnt there anymore. Surely 37million (even in an Ireland were all capital projects cost 3 times as much as any equalivant stadium in the UK AND take 3/4 times as long to build) will get you a decent sized stadium in North Dublin. and start fresh.

10 million for having Shels is just a stop gap, and none that will go into even basic maintaince of the other half of Dalymount.The main stand and Jody? stand are fine but there is no way the 'away' half of Dalymount should be allowed to have any football fans. Its a kip and a death trap. There hasnt been 5c spent on the 'away' part since 1970.

The shopping centre goal end stand is already condemned. +If thats been sold (including the 6 yard box!!!??? :D LOL) then its so the future developer already owns 20/25% of the ground and has a major say in the future of the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    And, as a football fan, I don't want to see Dalymount go.

As a fan of Irish football, I would be delighted to see Dalymount go. For too long the eL has depended on old grounds like Tolka and Dalymount to get them out of trouble on cup final day, and lets be honest, both are really horrible grounds.

Clubs all need to take a leaf out of NEC Nijmegens book, and build a purpose built stadium slightly outside the city.

Simply put, irish clubs will never make a proper impact on Europe with the current stadia in place.

Cork City - Turners Cross. Its ok, but too small, and the flood lights arent up to scratch. Add the fact that the media facilites are seriously substandard, it shows how much CCFC need a move.

Shels - Tolka. Not up to standard for 3rd qualifying round of the CL, plus is very run down.

Bohs - Dalyer. as above

Drogs - United Park. Im surprised this even got an eL license. The place is a dump, and seats what? 300 people? However at least they have plans in place for a decent new stadium.

Derry City - The Brandywell. Its a dog track, and for them to have their license 3/4 of the ground is closed off.

Longford - Flansiro. if they ever finsished this it might be good, but it seems to be still 'developing' for about 5 years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

No.
    is there planning permission and a design for the stadium.

also dont thinks thats castleknock at all, but there ya go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

No.
    mchurl wrote:
    surely there is no choice here, it has to be their own stadium an the 37 million. But as pigman says, they have to make sure there is actually a stadium waiting for them. There is no point in doing a rovers on it, ie selling up and then haveing no home.
    thats not waht happened to Rovers, we didn't seel up, there wasn't a written contract in place and we got screwed when a former board sold their share to what turned out to be a devolper and the rest they say is history. Take the money and run, 4 sides to a pitch would be nice eh?

An EGM of Bohemians Football Club will
    take place tonight at which members
    will vote on a proposal to move to a
    purpose-built stadium on a green field
    site beside the M50 toll bridge.

Under the constitution of the Bohemians
    Football Club, a three-quarters
    majority vote is required to invoke the
    change of rule to enable the club to
    relocate from their current Dalymount
    Park home.

Results of the vote will be announced
    at a press conference this evening.

Bohemians have played at Dalymount Park
    since it was opened in 1901.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No.
    Sell for 37 million.
    It costs about 10million to build a very nie 7-8k seater stadium (actually I think Athlone's will only cost 7million) and then you have the rest to use as you see fit, training ground? new HQ? playing squad? whatever.

Voted 86% in favour. Bohs are leaving Dalymount in 3-5 years, moving to the sight KdjaC posted above in Castleknock.

• Advertisement

No.
    Not goverment money, so it may actually happen for real. Also pushes hopefully Shels closer to Tallaght, no way in hell Bohs need to share anything now.
    Pats fan wrote:
    I'll personally drive every Shels fan over to Tallaght (in the back of me Fiesta) if it means they go to Tallaght instead of us....

:D

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Not goverment money, so it may actually happen for real. Also pushes hopefully Shels closer to Tallaght, no way in hell Bohs need to share anything now.

:D

kdjac
    Bohs have given an open invitation to any club that wishes to share it, though Shels were reportedly only interested in a sharing arrangement at Dalymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

No.
    but have shels not set their little hearts on staying as a north side club now? obviously the even numbers didn't agree with them

Advertisement