Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How long to insure?

Options
  • 29-04-2006 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys,
    Was just wondering how long it takes to ensure a car.
    I should be buying next weekend and was just wondering
    how long it takes from calling and getting a qoute to actually been covered?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭koolkat

I got insured straight away. Rang at lunch time told them i'd be collecting the car at 5pm the same day and they said no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭curiosity

Shouldn't be a major hassle, as koolcat says. Is it your first car? From your post it would seem you are not transferring insurance from an existing car.

Have you decided who you're going to get insured with, after getting a good few quotes? Perhaps a little more info would help, if you can.

Assuming its a first time quote with a new broker/company you will need to show your driving licence. Also as you are buying over the weekend be aware that brokers usually are closed on Saturdays, so you may have to wait until Monday unless you are certain you are buying the car on the Friday before. However most of the big companies (AXA, Hibernian etc) are open for business over the phone on Saturdays.

A little legwork next week should make things easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

When you ring them up (Quinn Direct in my case), they'll take your and the car's details, ask how you want to pay (lump sum, installments) and when and what time you want the cover to start.

They'll send you all the paperwork out then in a few days but you'll be covered from the agreed time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jaunty

Thanks guys that greaT, goin with Quinn direct as they re cheapest for me.
    First time driver at 22 so im getting fully comp €2273 on a 1 to 1.2 litre.

Advertisement