Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Finally confirmed as Premiership Champs 2005/2006

• 29-04-2006 1:54pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congratulation to Chelsea FC on winning back to back Premiership titles for the first time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

game isnt over yet maybe middlesbrough fc will turn up ya never know

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What was the point of posting that twice?

They were champions long ago. If you're going to wait until they are mathematically champions, you may as well wait til the final whistle.

They're the best and it shows yet again today. The rest have some serious improving to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Congratulations Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Win the treble then i will be really impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Win the treble then i will be really impressed

so no team has ever impressed you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Stekelly wrote:
    Manchester united for one

^
    Stekelly wrote:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Oh sorry, I didnt know THE treble consisted of whatever 3 things Utd won. The trebla has always been The League, The Fa cup and the League cup, which no-one has done.

If we're makign up our own trbles then Liverpool won the treble in 2001.

Stekelly wrote:
    Oh sorry, I didnt know THE treble consisted of whatever 3 things Utd won. The trebla has always been The League, The Fa cup and the League cup, which no-one has done.

If we're makign up our own trbles then Liverpool won the treble in 2001.

i think the treble would have to be the top three things that can be won, which would be the PL, FA cup and the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i think what would be interesting is if we got the players from arsena,chelsea,united and liverpool, put them one under another, would we really all agree chelsea are the best ?

I'm sorry but i look at their squad and think to myself, how do they win the premiership again?

I felt it was much more to do with united slipping up early on.

I would hold my hand up and say ok they are efficent and winners if they do it a third time, but im jsut not convinced, even after todays 3-0 result, i dont support anyone in the premiership so im neautral, but i dont think chelsea are the best squad of players around =/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Congrats Chelsea played a great game today and that goal from Joe Cole pure class. Made Rio look like a fool.

As for all the talk above will some of you grow up. I'll only respect them if they win the trebble. Please, so no title winning team ever gets respect unless its done with the fa cup and CL so. Ok on that logic every team since 99 have been absolute crap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats to Chelsea, it was always inevitable but I just hoped it wouldn't be today! I guess all we can hope for is a better contested title run-in next season, but on the evidence of this season all the teams around Chelsea have a bit of spending to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

i think the treble would have to be the top three things that can be won, which would be the PL, FA cup and the CL

World Club Championship?

NoelRock wrote:
    World Club Championship?

don't make me laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Oh yeah, United or Liverpool didn't win that one. Of course had they then it would be way way bigger than the CL or the Prem wouldn't it?

Advertisement