Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managerleague (MMO football manager)

Options
  • 29-04-2006 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello, i`m a huge MMO football manager games fan and i was wondering if anyone here plays Managerleague. It`s browser based and free to play, basically you can become a Mourinho or a Wenger and lead your team to glory, while also managing the financial side of the club.

The reason i play browser-based games is because you get to play against thousands and thousands of other players nonstop, unlike the limited cdrom games. I tried a few games of this type, but the one i love most and stayed with is Managerleague. A few key features:

- around 7000 managers (teams)
    - complex match simulator, including events with smart triggers
    - millions of players to choose from, with detailed stats and even hidden ones
    - unlimited transfers
    - 2 league matches and 2 training sessions every weekday
    - unlimited friendly cups on weekends and unlimited friendlies any day
    - technical staff, sponsors, statistics, training camps
    - upgradable stadium (seats, lighting, soil-heating, scoreboard, clubshop, restaurant, youth academy)
    - your team is activated as soon as you register, unlike other games where you have to wait a couple of days

So, if you`re dissapointed by the job a manager is doing at your favorite football club, you can start your own version and show him how it should be done. :)

http://www.managerleague.com/index.pl?ref=3686

Right now it`s round 10 of the season (out of 30). If you have questions related to the game feel free to ask.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Sounds like your part of the development/PR team.

I signed up. It does seem pretty good actually. Still these things are always just not good enough. You`d think there would be plenty of banter between managers but nobody talks to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dacascos

Actually i`m not a member of the ML team. These games are indeed a work in process, every season brings new features and bugfixes, most of which are requested by us the players. The forum has indeed a low activity compared to the number of players, most used sections being the general chat, transfers and suggestions (bugging the devs about adding this and that is fun).

You`ll also find some action on the irc channel, #managerleague on irc.netgamers.org server; usual topics here being transfers, tactics and arranging friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I just love overly helpfull randomers who definately have nothing to do with creating or advertising browser based games.............................

• Registered Users Posts: 10 simpey

Yeah I play Managerleague and have done for the last 3 years. The game has come a long way since this thread was started I wonder are you still involved??

I've won 7 Irish League titles in a row now and I'm going for my 8th back to back this season. I've also made it to the Last 16 of the Champions League, interesting to see how far I go.

I'd highly recommend this game to anybody. Help the Irish League grow. :)

Message me in game - simpey :)

Edit: Just a note that there are now over 50,000 teams. Considerably more than in 2006.

Advertisement