Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guildwars factions

Options
  • 29-04-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Right I just picked this up on a spur of the moment purchase and was wondering if any other boardsies are playing ?

From what I can see its kind of a stand alone as in you cannt access the old guildwars areas without a key for that, so who's playing which and are many people upgrading to these new lands ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I've been playing GW on and off since release, and picked up factions for the pre-release. It looks good so far, mostly level 20 content this time around, there is low level content as well, but you are pretty much rushed through the lower levels with truncated tutorials which are pretty well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I'm gonna pick it up on Monday.

Heard mixed opinions about it from reading the usual GW boards. I hear there's no voice overs in the cutscenes this time? Smacks of a rush job to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

So is there a Irish guild and if not should we set about forming one ?

Are people using teamspeak because I could always setup a Guildwars TS server . Might be handy what you think?

There are voice overs in the cut scenes.

There are voiceovers? I saw loads of people on guildwarsguru saying there wasn't, that they were really disappointed about it. :confused: Strange.

Yeah Rev we're starting up An Cuallacht again, should have it going again by the end of the week, just getting all the old players back again after they pick up Factions. If you want an invite you can PM me in-game, Fian Adair, or leave a message on our boards at www.cual.co.nr

There's another Irish guild too, think the leader is Lanied Galen, could give him a shout too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

can we pls end this tread.. it gets a bit confusing looking at 2treads for the same game. ues the Guildwars tread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well if you get confused looking at two threads its a good thing there isn't a guildwars subforum.

I must say I'm liking the game so far, not getting a huge amount of time to play but that that I am is good. The one thing I must say I'm not finding so good is the lag or to be more exact the lag yesterday. First day I had it, it played great but yesterday all the towns where lagfests.

I've noticed quite a lot of people are using the teamspeak server on games3.iol.ie to play guildwars, so I've setup a server for us here.
    Its on games3.iol.ie:8877

Got the game today and there's no voiceovers or even music for me. I just bought a key from NCSoft, so that must be why. Either it's yet to stream or you don't get music/voiceovers when you buy it online, which I doubt. I'll just have to wait and see.

Haven't run into that problem, since I'm still running off the pre-order key I haven't installed from CD yet. IF you are referring to voiced naration, there isn't supposed to be, but all the dialogue in the cut scenes is voiced, and done a hell of alot better than the original.

Yep, it's working now, think it just needed a restart or something after entering the key, I dunno. Yeah the voices seem alot better...but still no lip syncing! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 psycho_frodo

Yeah there are two irish guild flying around the place atm. There are some of us from the boards.ie and TiG (The Irish Guard) that have set up a guild only recently. We also have the usual malarky i.e. Teamspeak, Guildhall and forums etc. So far it has been good fun and if you are interested in playing you can contact me using any of the following of my in game persona's (Lanied Galen, Betty the Yeti, Flutter Arse, Psycho Frodo, Saucey Slapper, Sticky Mickey).

We currently have about 15 or so on the roster with more on the way and have a definite 7-8 active players. All in all the guild seems to be a lot of fun and is turning into a nice community with a competitive spirit.

There is also talk of forming an Irish alliance so no matter what Ireland will have players in Factions and Prophecies.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

CUAL is pretty much back in action.

dont have factions yet due to my facsist college making me sit exams, but using my old GW account ive been checking out who from the old CUAL are back online, and its gettin pretty big.

www.cual.co.nr

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm reviewing the game so I'll be playing it. If someone would be as kind to invite me into their guild.... the name is Siade Bahlad.
    Cheers

Advertisement