Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woodlice !!

Options
  • 29-04-2006 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭

Folks, i had a conservatory put on the house about 18 months ago and ever since i have noticed dead, and alive woodlice every morning without fail ( buggers dont even take sunday off)...usually about 6-8 dead and 1 or 2 about to kick it !!....i know the sun dries them out and they die but would anyone have any permanant way of dealing with them ?
    The house is a bunglow built early 70's but its really only after the building work they have been inside, outside is also full of them, like everywhere i guess, lift a flower pot and there could be lots under there for the moisture, anybody an expert on pest control, how can i deal with these annoying things ?

Thanks,

oleras

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can buy a woodlice killer in Woodies or similar. I've hoards of them in myu composter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is the house damp and have you wooden floors

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Some info on this link - it doesn't tell you how to get rid of them but tbh I don't think they'll cause any damage really.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/reallywild/amazing/woodlouse.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

muffler wrote:
    Is the house damp and have you wooden floors

wooden floors yes, but tiles in the conservatory, damp ? hmmmm..... might be a little, had some issues with a leaking central heating system last year but has been fixed since, i know they like wet conditions and are harmless but just a pain in the rectum big time !!

Advertisement