Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

washer motor

Options
  • 29-04-2006 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

my front washer motor has gone..have the part just wondering can anyone tell me where it is located and how to change it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

my front washer motor has gone..have the part just wondering can anyone tell me where it is located and how to change it?

It's probably attached to the bottom or side of the washer reservoir. You'll probably have to remove the reservoir to get at it. Once you can see it, it should be clear enough how to replace it. Sorry if this is a bit vague, but you're not exactly giving us a whole lot to go on.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

what car have you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Same thing happened to me on a polo, it was the washer motor on the back got it replaced and it still failed to work. All fuses where checked too but seemed to be in working order I dont know what else to do. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

please when asking questions about your motor give us a chance and list the make model and year of the vehicle. if you want clairvoyants go to the paranormal forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Where it is located depends on what type and model of car you have.

Trace the hose(s) back from the bonnet outlets and you should find it easily.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hal1 wrote:
    Same thing happened to me on a polo, it was the washer motor on the back got it replaced and it still failed to work. All fuses where checked too but seemed to be in working order I dont know what else to do. :(

Maybe the hose(s) are kinked/blocked/cut/punctured?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I've replaced motors on Renaults and Volvos before. The motors I've seen just sat into the washer fluid reservoir near the base. They just pulled out by hand, no unscrewing or dismantling required.

Advertisement