Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogg's and Stones

Options
  • 29-04-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Our dogg has taken a liking to stones lately (past year or so actually).

Is this common for dogg to be doing this? I just had a look at them 4 big teeth he has and they are not as pointy as they used to be (from what i remeber).

I know its prob impossible to get him to stop chewing/playing with stones, is this going to give problem in future?

The dogg in question is a 8year old labrador (mixed with a unknow other type dogg)

Thanks

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Try giving him his favourite chew-toy every time you see him about to go for a stone.
    He's likely just bored an looking for a "different" toy to chew on.
    Distract him with a good one he likes.

Stones will eventually hurt him, even if he never swallows one it will eventually chip a tooth an cause agony. (Canine dentistry costs a bomb too!)

b

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I dont think he could swallow them, the bigger the stone the more he likes it.
    He's got no toys anymore, always looses them but ill get some balls and one of them ropes for him asap.

Taught it wasnt to good for him alright

thanks

Advertisement