Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Stilo 2002 1.2

Options
  • 29-04-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering if i could get some opinions on this car.
    It seems it good nick and my da and other relatives have bought cars from this dealer before, all with high opinions. He s even droppin 1,700 off the asking price cause him and my da are mates.

But as the man himself said Fiats have bad reputations and was just wondering if anybody could give me some advice on this car.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Slinky>

Ive never owned one but I had a brava which wasnt great (cheap though!)
    They havent done well in JD Power this is taken from www.honestjohn.co.uk
    What's Bad
    The market doesn't seem to be taking to it big-time, which might turn to the buyers advantage if FIAT is forced to discount or launder the cars into nearly-news via the rental fleets. Camber problem on front wheels causes uneven tyre wear. Stilo 6th bottom model in 2004 JD Power Customer Satisfaction Survey. Came 3rd = from bottom in 2005 JD Power/What Car Survey of 23,000 cars reg Sep 2002 to Aug 2003 with satisfaction score of 71.2%. Reader feedback tells me this is a disaster zone of a car with too many problems to list. Best stayed well away from.

If your looking for something reliable with good residuals have you considered a Corolla?

jaunty wrote:
    Hey Guys,
    It seems it good nick and my da and other relatives have bought cars from this dealer before, all with high opinions. He s even droppin 1,700 off the asking price cause him and my da are mates.

But as the man himself said Fiats have bad reputations and was just wondering if anybody could give me some advice on this car.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

jaunty wrote:
    Hey Guys,

Thanks

How much? What's the mileage? Service history? Cambelt? How many owners? Engine size? Spec? Colour? 3/5dr? Condition? Warranty? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jaunty

Anan1 wrote:
    How much?
    €6000
    What's the mileage?
    Engine size?
    Colour?
    Red
    3/5dr?
    Condition?
    Great
    Warranty?
    1 year
    Service history? Cambelt? How many owners? Spec? Unknown

I m really askin about this car in general, like does it have a habit of exploding and such :D
    The top speed and other aspects is of know importance to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭curiosity

Well, never driven one, so no advice there. Lookswise, its a nice car, esp in red. But it never seems to have sold well, perhaps for the reasons posted before me. The punto probably beat it on price anyway. €6000 seems a good price for a 4 year old car (it was €16,495 in a newspaper ad from Jan 6th 2003). Good spec though.

Perhaps the seller is giving you a good price in the hopes that you will become another regular customer. From your insurance posting anything bigger is out, I presume. Might be no harm to get an alternative option, so at least you can walk away if your head feels the stilo isn't right. There seems to be tonnes of posts giving sound advice for people looking for a starter car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I have a '99 Fiat Bravo 1.2sx, since new, and I've had no issues.
    Well actually, the electric motor for the passenger window went, and the wiper motor is starting to play up. But not bad for 7 years and 107k miles!!!

My wife bought an 02 Stilo 5dr last year, only had 8k miles!
    Wheel bearing on drivers side had to be replaced, central locking actuator on passenger door faulty. All fixed under warrenty. No other issues.
    I think it's a really good car. The red 3dr looks great, and the 1.2 engine is really economical, avg. 46mpg (5dr), and cheap to tax & insure.

Lastly - for 6,000euro & 12 month warrenty - you can't go wrong.
    You'll get very few 4 year old cars for that money.
    I'd be happy to buy another one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement