Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curbs is resigning as manager of Charlton at end of Season.

• 29-04-2006 5:08pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Announced just before kickoff of Charlton v Blackburn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think he's leaving at the end of the season not immediately.

Perhaps he's England bound?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Yeah you are correct. Sorry about misleading thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

He's been linked with the Villa job. Doug Ellis was being interviewed by Birmingham Radio yesterday and said he had a major announcement to make in the programme for next weeks last game of the season at home to Sunderland. That could be about a takeover, but who knows.....???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Was apparently at the Bohs match last night, which now seems really weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

been linked with the newcastle job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Newcastle could be the one for him, i feel he was going stale at Charlton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

villa or newcastle would be interesting. cant wait to see charlton do poorly next season and their fans realise what they have lost, just like happened with Nottingham forest and kinnear and west ham and redknapp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

as soon as the england job speculation came about i could see him leaving,weather for england or not.it has destracted the teams(carlton) performances big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It was interesting hearing him say that he wanted to 'take a break' in his post match interview. Maybe I'm misjudging him, but I think if he says that then that's what he'll do for a while. Life at Charlton was probably getting a little stale after so many years of improving the team and selling players to ultimatley end up in approximately the same place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 2Tagz

Call_me_al wrote:
    villa or newcastle would be interesting. cant wait to see charlton do poorly next season and their fans realise what they have lost, just like happened with Nottingham forest and kinnear and west ham and redknapp.

Redknapp all due respect was no loss to the hammers after he went stale. Curbishley is one of the unsung heroes of the Premiership helping a club to overachieve for at least a decade. He's similar to Harry R in that he bought well over the years, he brought in players who had something to prove. I thought Danny Murphy let him down on many levels this season, Curbishley built a damn good side specifically around him early in the season but he appeared to lose interest after he was overlooked by England and then engineered a move to spurs where he was a bit player. He now has 2 chances of going to Germany, anybody else think that Murphy shot himself in the foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

murphy was never england material imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Murphy did let Curbishley (and himself) down with comments during his transfer. I don't think Murphy ever saw himself as a 'Charlton player' so instead he's ended up being a Spurs sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

murphy is power overated, he came up with a stunner every 10 games for liverpool ,and brought to charlton to prove himself he coulda sang out in a mediocre team, but instead felt that he moved down a level saying " its tough leaving the big life at liverpool, im at a much smaller club, its tough to adjust" i think someone needs to slap him and make him realise he wasnt ever any use, and to enjoy being the judge on the spurs bench.

according to the sunday independent, curbs said if he didnt get the england job, he will take a job in spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Somewhere nice and in the sun...i cant say i'd blame him :)

Curbs for the Real Job! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Call_me_al wrote:
    according to the sunday independent, curbs said if he didnt get the england job, he will take a job in spain.
    According to Curbishley himself he's not gonna take a job in the summer, he's taking a break.
    Obviously though he'd have to reconsider if the FA came calling...

i know he said a break but the article didnt say when but i got the impression thats his long term goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Call_me_al wrote:

well far fetched maybe but its just what the England team need. British managers should get away off and manage teams outside the PL, gain more experience and insight into the game, making them more well rounded and better able to do the top jobs.

Give Curbs a few years in Spain/France and we cold see a very sucessful England manager in the making

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

Latest rumour is that Curbishley will take over at Boro when McClaren takes the England job....

Advertisement