Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham and WestBrom go down

• 29-04-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

Confirmation now that these two are gone.
    I have to say i think the bromich have a better chance of coming back up as i can see a fairly big exodus from birmingham.
    Players like Melchiot, Forsell, Heskey, will they be happy to play in the championship? but who would have them after their poor displays this season?
    Will Bruce stay? i can see him leaving but would be surprised to see Robson go.
    Opinions please, did you think Birmingham deserved to go down? a lack of effort from some good players to blame?
    Would you agree that Robson did a decent job with what was available?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I could see both teams losing a few players, but maybe Birmingham more than West Brom. Melchiot, Upson, Jarosik (well not a Brum player but they were hoping to sign him permenantly), Forsell and Hesky? I'm sure there'll be a few inquiries about Pennant too, even though he said he'll stay.
    West Brom, Zoltan Gera would be one player everyone will be after I reckon. Other than that I don't know. That young centre back, Curtis Davies was already linked with Arsenal I think.
    As for managers, David Gold has already confirmed that Bruce will be in charge next season, but you know how fickle chairmen can be.
    Unlucky for both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

the 3 worst teams with the worst managers went down. Justice! I really don't like Steve Bruce at all(i'm a palace fan).

Pennant is the only good player at Brum IMO
    Gera and Davies at WBA stand out from the rest as well as their goalkeeper Thumaz Kuwyshak (spelling?) but i doubt he will move.

Of the three teams who went down i would favour Sunderland and WBA for automatiac promotion as they already have chamionship standard teams, i doubt Brum will come straight up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Justice is done, welcome down Boggies

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Curtis Davies please, Arsené!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Blues will loose Pennant for sure, Forsell may go.

I have some sympathy for Steve Bruce while he bought poorly in January it was crisis time and that never abated.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Bruce might come back and manage Norwich. He was welcomed here as a player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

West Brom and Sunderland are no loss. Sunderland needs no comment, West Brom having avoided relegation in the manner they did last year had every opportunity to build on that this year and they didnt, playing some horrible football. As I said no loss.

Birmingham were a team that had potential at least. But even so a league table doesnt lie.

I'm glad that Pompey were the ones to stay up. I don't bear any grudge against either West Brom or Birmingham, in fact they are both managed by United legends, but neither of them set the Premiership alight. I really don't like watching WBA play. Pompey play attractive football, have a new co-owner to help fund Harry's summer shopping and I think they really have the potential to be more than relegation strugglers next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Guess I'll have to wait another 12 months for the south-coast derby...

Or even better, we could pass them on the way up this time 12 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Guess I'll have to wait another 12 months for the south-coast derby...

Or even better, we could pass them on the way up this time 12 months!

Hopefully anyway!! sure we'll get them in the cup and beat them there:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I really dont like Pompey for some reason and strangly enough wanted one from (I wasnt silly enough to think both would stay up) Robson or Bruce to stay up as I like them. Portsmouth have the mankiest old crap shack of a stadium too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

have to say i wanted west brom to stay up, i do like robson. wanted birmingham to go down so liverpool would get pennant, not sure how likely this is now. and i just dont like portsmouth.

Stekelly wrote:
    I really dont like Pompey for some reason and strangly enough wanted one from (I wasnt silly enough to think both would stay up) Robson or Bruce to stay up as I like them. Portsmouth have the mankiest old crap shack of a stadium too.

Well you definitely wouldn't have wanted to go there when we played them on New Years Day of last year. It was pissing down with rain on an open terrace and a wind like a hurricane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

ah, no last day "survival sunday" on sky sports so ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Birmingham have been shocking all season. Forsell has not shown the form of 2 seasons ago and Heskey has shown his worth as massive presence with little football ability(he can't even kick the ball properly)

Still I think both will be a threat next season in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I feel bad for birmy and bruce, his players didnt look interested at all. They had talk of getting into europe a little while ago =/

Im glad west brom are down they are absolutly brutal and i think robson is a terrible manager and they were a team lucky to have a second spell in the top flight.

Sunderland, enough said, stick with championship please dont come back.

I dno if i agree with pompey staying up, i jsut feel that the worst teams should be gone and for pompey to play rubbish all season then last like 8 games just pull it out or something, bit dissapointing. I cant say i ever enjoy watching pompey.

Birminghams best player this yr was jarosik by a mile he nvr gave up and played really well and hlped them out a great deal, i dno if he wants championshiop football though, reading or shef united might look into him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

heskey has plunged new depths of direness, fans have given up cooing him and just feel sorry for him now,i dont think i've seen a former england international completley miss or mis**** so many shots.

I dno if i agree with pompey staying up, i jsut feel that the worst teams should be gone and for pompey to play rubbish all season then last like 8 games just pull it out or something, bit dissapointing. I cant say i ever enjoy watching pompey.
    I don't know, league tables don't lie and all that. Pompey may have pulled it out of the hat late on, but in the last two months they have proved that they're capable of being a team that isn't just there to make up the numbers.
    Forsell has not shown the form of 2 seasons ago and Heskey has shown his worth as massive presence with little football ability(he can't even kick the ball properly)
    Still I think both will be a threat next season in the Championship.
    I think Forsell will be snapped up by a Premiership side. Heskey, who knows, his being English may save him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

who in their right mind are going to buy Heskey? actually no wait....Charlton.
    Pennant will be snapped up for sure, not sure whats going to happen with Upson tbh, maybe there is a get out clause in his contract.

Zoltan Gera to Spurs i would venture.

Advertisement