Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angle Injured, Forfeits From KOTR Tournament

• 29-04-2006 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From WWE.com:
    Kurt Angle has suffered a cracked rib. As a result of the injury, the Wrestling Machine will now be out of action for an undetermined amount of time.

The injury originally occurred on the recent European tour when Mark Henry delivered the World’s Strongest Slam to Angle during a match in New Castle. “At that point, I wasn’t even sure if I was going to be able to compete against Mysterio for the World Heavyweight Championship,” Angle later admitted to WWE.com. But being the intense competitor that he is, Angle kept his injury to himself and fought valiantly for the title he feels he rightfully deserves.

Unfortunately for Angle, the final straw came when Henry, perhaps realizing he injured Angle earlier in New Castle, dismantled the Wrestling Machine on SmackDown with a near 400-pound splash through a ringside table.

Just as he did to former World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Henry injured Angle to the point where he will now be out of action indefinitely, meaning he must forfeit his spot in the King of the Ring tournament. As a result, Booker T advances to the final round.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Booker to win as I predicted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm assuming this is true, cos they had him in the preview for SD next week before they said this. All the supposed injuries he has, and it's a relatively minor one that stops him. Real pity. You know he'll be back as soon as possible though

I think it's kinda funny the way they build up Mark Henry for putting two of their top guys out, but in reality, he actually did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

That's a bit of a surprise really. Given some of the injuries those guys work through, I wouldn't have thought he couldn't work with a cracked rib, maybe on a reduced schedule. Probably for the best though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Fozzy wrote:
    I think it's kinda funny the way they build up Mark Henry for putting two of their top guys out, but in reality, he actually did
    i think it's the kind of ****e thats indicative of the wwe nowadays, that crap like henry is so careless he's injuring the main eventers but vince is determined to wring everylast penny out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Theres alot more about Angles situation than just a cracked rib. Ever since he won the belt back in January there have been concerns about him.

From [url]www.f4wonline.com:[/url]
    WWE.com announced that Kurt Angle was out indefinitely with a cracked rib courtesy Mark Henry. Story is a total work. Angle has been complaining of neck issues for awhile, and this was a storyline to get him off the road a bit and out of the King of the Ring tournament. Why they chose to give Mark Henry of all people the rub

From wrestlingobserver:
    Regarding Kurt Angle. Angle will be out of action for a few weeks. This was planned after the European tour due to his chronic neck problems. WWE.com under Michael Cole is undergoing a new direction to be more storyline oriented. They reported Angle suffered broken ribs from Mark Henry, which, is, of course, the TV angle. However, they didn't claim it was from the TV angle, which is really strange. Angle does have a rib injury in addition to his other injuries, but the time off to heal has nothing to do with that specific injury.

I think the message is that under Michael Cole wwe.com won't exactly be the most reliable source for news.

• Advertisement

that makes more sense i suppose, i still hate henry, and as for wrestling with cracked ribs,i broke my ribs once and i wouldn't breathe without thinking about it, so how people expected him to wrestle is beyond me

so how people expected him to wrestle is beyond me

Read Kurt Angle's book. The guy is a little bit special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

never liked mark henry and i still dont like mark henry...... plonker of the highest order..... first batista, now angle..... when is this man's contract gonna be finished????? i will be very happy when that happens

I don't like Mark Henry either. But your hating him for the wrong reasons lol!

Angles injury is a work and Batista was already a mess before he even got to Henry. His tricep was already in bits.

Kurt Angles problems started along time before Henry ever came back. And I think the biggest problem is his personality.I don't think the guy knows when to quit. He's spent a lifetime not listenning to doctors. I hope he gets out of wrestling in at least some sort of okay health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

yeah, (like jr said ) what vince said makes more SENSE.
    and like jr i had a rib injury once and i could'nt even laugh never mind move properly.

• Advertisement

no, i just dont like him in general and he cant wrestle.... and if he becomes the world title, thats the end of me watch smackdown until he loses the title.

as for batista and angle. it's easy to say they should have taken time off to work out thier injuries, but both were world champions at the time.... look how hard it was for batista to surrender the title. i dont think the wwe were prepared to let angle surrender the title as well.

i know it's not mark henry's fault. but i'm getting sick of him saying i took out batista, and he's probably gonna say i took out angle as well..

the way things are going they might as well get henry to "take out" rey as well, considering his injured to:(

jaysus, smackdown is cursed:( and the oul main event picture is getting thinner and thinner....

i know it's not mark henry's fault. but i'm getting sick of him saying i took out batista, and he's probably gonna say i took out angle as well..

I think you better be prepared to get sick! Because I think thats where there going. Henry i beleive signed a 10 year contract. Its nearly up so I guess you can't blame them for trying to get some value out of him.

I think you better be prepared to get sick! Because I think thats where there going. Henry i beleive signed a 10 year contract. Its nearly up so I guess you can't blame them for trying to get some value out of him.

yup kind of guessed it:rolleyes:

Read Kurt Angle's book. The guy is a little bit special.
    yeah i know but still it's a bit rich for the mere mortals to be dissapointed that he won't work through it, when we would be crippled with it.

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

As a sufferer of cracked ribs as well its not sumtin you can just work on with,its impossible to lift a box without feeling like your insides are gonna explode never mind trying to german suplex someone the size of mark henry.

Bottom line,if he took a bump badly on his ribs he's got a punctured lung and its an even worse scenario then. If its really is his ribs and not a work he should be back in a month or so.

I still say fair f**ks to him for ploughing on with the few shows he did afterwards,he's the epitome of "GO HARD OR GO HOME!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Mark Henry is a mastermind imo. He eliminates the competition, then gets the belt and another 12 year contract. sneaky guy :D

Unfortunate for Angle there whether it's his neck or ribs. I'd say Batista will be brought back earlier than planned now to fill in the any gap angle felt.

Stalfos wrote:
    Unfortunate for Angle there whether it's his neck or ribs.

Its both and more.

actually wasn't batista supposed to be back after WM. or am i imagining things again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I think May was the original return date. So it could be any week now. I'd say they'll either announce his return the week before, or he'll turn up at Judgment Day

• Advertisement

*does a happy dance* yay :D although i havent seen anything on his official site about it... theres saying he's not medically cleared yet..... but i get the feeling he's gonna be back before judgement day any way.... and beat the living crap out of mark henry :D

Advertisement