Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesu "Silver"

• 29-04-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Got the new Jesu EP today. It's deadly, dare I say it's even better than the album and the first EP. The first track was far more upbeat than I was expecting (hard to listen to it and think that this band is a combination of Godflesh and Swans). A lot faster than what I was expecting too, obviously they finally found the BPM button on the drum machine! Lovely sleeve too. Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

saw it the other day but didn't pick it up. Definietely worth it so then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I thought so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I'm buying that tomorrow. I love Jesu.

Apparently the Japanese version has two extra tracks. Also apparently the Japanese version of the self-titled album has an extra CD! Why do those Japanese get all the extra music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Is Ted Parsons on this one too?

• Advertisement

He's on one track as far as I remember. I think the rest is Broadrick's programming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's a damn shame. Parsons is truly a superb drummer, it'd be nice to hear him let off the leash again.

*looks at watch and looks in the direction of the Swans for a surprise, louder than war reunion*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ShotgunblueZ

Yeah lovin' it so far - and it is more upbeat than last year's album. Mind you, I have put it to one side since I purchased 10,000 days. Pity Senor Broadrick's upcoming tour does not include Ireland.

Yeah lovin' it so far - and it is more upbeat than last year's album. Mind you, I have put it to one side since I purchased 10,000 days. Pity Senor Broadrick's upcoming tour does not include Ireland.

I'm going to see his other band, Final, in Birmingham. I hope. It's a festival and I'm afraid he'll clash with Michael Gira or Shade (Sunn O)))/Earth supergroup!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement