Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

nokia phone on meteor network?

• 29-04-2006 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi I was looking at buying a nokia 6060 in CPW.
    This phone is only on the meteor network.
    Im currently with O2 and
    dont really want to switch to meteor network as I use O2s email and free web text alot in work and if Im away so it saves me on the texting.
    Is it possible for me to unlock form meteor network and continue with O2?
    thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Post in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061 and see if anyone can unlock it - proberly the best place to check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

If it comes with a free sim card and with the free credit that usually accompanies said sim card, then you must use 20 euro worth of that credit before taking the sim card out. Otherwise they block the phone.

Use the 20 credit then take the card out and get it unlocked.

Its part of the terms and conditions of accepting a phone from meteor that you will continue to use the phone and card on their network. We found that out the hard way when we were left without our two phones over xmas last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bamboozled wrote:
    If it comes with a free sim card and with the free credit that usually accompanies said sim card, then you must use 20 euro worth of that credit before taking the sim card out. Otherwise they block the phone.

They block the SIM. Not the phone itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

No matter who's sim was in the phone it wouldnt recognise anything. I had a second metor sim which was current and in credit going in a separate phone and it wouldnt work. Had a vodafone one too and it wouldnt work in the phones.

If it was just the sim thats blocked, how could that affect the other ones not working in it? Their support told us it was the phone being blocked so if you can explain to me how it was only the sim i'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

I think you get free web texts with meteot. I am post pay and I have 30 permonth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

HavoK wrote:
    They block the SIM. Not the phone itself.

I've had my phone blocked when I put in a Vodafone sim into a meteor phone (I ran out of credit on my sim :o ) Had to ring them - they said don't put in foreign sims(!)

But after a month (or five!) I put in a different sim and it's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Bamboozled wrote:
    No matter who's sim was in the phone it wouldnt recognise anything. I had a second metor sim which was current and in credit going in a separate phone and it wouldnt work. Had a vodafone one too and it wouldnt work in the phones.

If it was just the sim thats blocked, how could that affect the other ones not working in it? Their support told us it was the phone being blocked so if you can explain to me how it was only the sim i'd appreciate it.
    Thanks

That's the first I've heard of that. I change phones maybe once a month on average, some second hand but some new. When I get a new phone on Meteor I just toss out the sim that comes with the new phone and use the same one I've been using for about 5 years now - never had a problem with the dozen or so phones I've done this with!

Advertisement