Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does my cat get up to???

Options
  • 29-04-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

We live in the Park and have a light ginger tom cat. He has white paws, chest and tum. He's got a big wide face and has quite a stocky build, with a really cute face. Now that he is confident enough to go out, he disappears for 24 hours at a time! He used to be such a home buddy so Im wondering is anyone taking him in and feeding him? He refuses to wear a collar so no one would know that he has a home....

I would feel better about his disappearing spells if I knew someone was looking after him....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dalila

Hi Newcomeramy, I'm just wondering if your cat is neutered? Un-neutered toms have a tendency to go wandering and especially if he's in a new area? I'm in the Park too but I haven't seen him around at all? If he refuses to wear a collar you know you can get him microchipped (unless you already have?), that way if he does go missing your info will be easily accessed by a vet and he can be returned to you quickly! Although I wouldn't worry too much about him he's probably just exploring!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 newcomeramy

Thanks for your reply. Yes he is microchipped and neutered.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Hi newcomeramy,

I think he might be round our place sometimes, we have three female cats that get worked up about a ginger tom every couple of nights. He sits in front of the window, they all chirp at each other and then he generally jumps at the window, I thought someone was throwing stones the first time! We're over in the Wood so it might not be him, but the face and build sound like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Manny, I think that might be one of my boys! We don't let them out all that often and he's rarely out beyond about 9:30 or 10:00 at night. Hope he's not causing too much trouble to you and your girls!

Amy, does your cat have a fluffy tail? If so, I've seen him around the front of our house (in the Wood), and he's a beauty. Also very friendly!

Doh! Double post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Hi Mike,

No, he's no trouble - the girls are indoor cats so they can't get up to too much, it's fun to watch the interaction with them all at the window though.

Manny7 wrote:
    Hi Mike,

No, he's no trouble - the girls are indoor cats so they can't get up to too much, it's fun to watch the interaction with them all at the window though.

Ringo and Cal used to be indoor cats, but managed to get out one evening when the door wasn't closed properly. Having had a little adventure, they came home for dinner! We figured if they know where home is, then it's okay.

We find though what we really need to keep up to date with flea treatments, worm treatments and vaccines because there are quite a few other cats around, some nice and some seem quite viciuos, but you can't be too careful!

Advertisement