Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Ink

Options
  • 29-04-2006 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

I got a tattoo a year ago and I am addicted. When it comes to tattoos I'm really afraid about regretting it when I'm older but at the same time I really want one on my neck/wrist. I thus started considering white ink because that way I could get a tattoo in one of those places but it would still be relatively hard to see. I have searched the Internet and haven't found any answers to my main question which is how does it age? I know a white ink tattoo may yellow a bit, but will it get yellower as time goes by? Any pro's and con's of white ink tattoos would be much appreciated too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

It depends on your skin mainly as your skin isn't see through but more translucent so whatever colour your skin is it'll take that hue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Yeah I read a lot that the paler you are the better. Thankfully I'm as pale as can be.

I was also thinking of placing the tattoo on my ankle. I was told that because your ankle moves so much tattoos fade a lot quicker there. How would this affect a white ink tattoo? Sorry if my questions are stupid but I like to know everything about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

They don't really fade there more the edges will spread which is something you want to avoid with white ink as you'll just end up with a white blob.

Good point. I'd say I'll end up doing it on my neck. I love the idea of that. Was going to get my first tattoo done there but as it's very personal I changed my mind at the last minute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

ergonomics wrote:
    Good point. I'd say I'll end up doing it on my neck. I love the idea of that. Was going to get my first tattoo done there but as it's very personal I changed my mind at the last minute!

If it's your first tattoo then mostly artists wont do it on the neck.
    Face, hands and necks are the last places that people normally get tattooed and it is hard to get REPUTABLE artists to do these areas unless you are working in the body mod business or are covered in tats.

• Advertisement

It isn't my first. It's just an idea anyway. I have other ideas for placement.

I wanted to get my other tattoo on my neck and talked to a few tattooists about it so I could find an artist I'd be comfortable with. All the tattooists I contacted said that they'd do the neck tattoo and they were reputable tattooists before you ask.

Having a neck or hand tattoo isn't something reserved for the elite few covered in tattoos. I've seen numerous people with them done who aren't covered in tattoos or a tattooist themself. That's like saying that a piercer will only pierce a certain area on your body if you have loads of piercings already. It doesn't happy.

Advertisement