Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

K750i - W800i Flash and casing

• 29-04-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭

I used DaVinci to flash my K750i to the W800i firmware and am pretty happy with the result, works perfectly and looks great.
    Looking on ebay can see that its pretty cheap to buy W800i covers, so the question is..do you reckon it would be daft to change the covers?

Later on in the year will no doubt want to buy one of the 3mp camera phones coming out when they become more affordable and will be flogging the K750i. Would you as a buyer be offput if I said up front that its a K750i originally , flashed to W800i and changed covers ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's daft. Not only could you mess up the phone (it's horribly complicated to do so), but it voids your warranty. The firmware is fine, but if you want a W800i, just sell the K750i and get one. Don't go changing the cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

That and the k750i looks far nicer anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

A guy got banned for trying to sell his "W800i" (cough) K750i on boards.ie but he didn't state that it was a recased + reflashed phone he was selling.

A reflash + recasing does not make the phone exactly the same as the W800i (but I'm not telling you how to spot a fake :p )

If you state that the phone was a K750i then I think people would be put off (too many fakes floating around these days).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, thought as much, thanks lads, will offer it with either K750i or W800i firmware so, in standard 750i casing - what's your opinion on third party casing?, some of the blue and red casings are pretty nice for these but am thinking a mint condition Sony Ericsson one is better than a mint clone?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Original is best... people start to wonder the more you change it.

(Just my opinion anyway :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

tbh i wouldn't go with the W800i firmware as a mate that has it says it's more cummbersome to place mp3's on to the memory card, whereas with my k750i it's a matter of copying and pasting.

i had a vodafone silver k750i and cracked the lcd cover on it, got a new case thanks to www.cnn.cn and got the black one which is way more the secks than the silver or any other colour in my opinion.

changing the covers is a little tricky, well in comparrision to like clip on covers that made nokia famous or whatever.

you'll need two kinds of screwdrivers to take the casing off.

A T6 screwdriver - for front cover
    A 1.5mm phillips head screwdriver - for backplate and lens cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cremo wrote:
    tbh i wouldn't go with the W800i firmware as a mate that has it says it's more cummbersome to place mp3's on to the memory card, whereas with my k750i it's a matter of copying and pasting.

i had a vodafone silver k750i and cracked the lcd cover on it, got a new case thanks to www.cnn.com and got the black one which is way more the secks than the silver or any other colour in my opinion.

changing the covers is a little tricky, well in comparrision to like clip on covers that made nokia famous or whatever.

you'll need two kinds of screwdrivers to take the casing off.

A T6 screwdriver - for front cover
    A 1.5mm phillips head screwdriver - for backplate and lens cover.

Hmm, haven't tried the case changing yet, sounds a bit nasty, however your friends bit about transferring mp3's ..its drag and drop, cant see how thats hard ??, also like the flight(mp3 player) or phone mode on start up..pretty kewl!! :)
    I'd like an all black casing for it though, any linky's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sorry that link should of been www.cnn.cn not .com i don't know what i was thinking??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

donot get a case from ebay as it most likely willbe fake
    check out
    http://cnn.cn/shop/sonyericsson-k750i-c-28_105.html

Advertisement