Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xda exec when?

• 29-04-2006 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

im sure this has been posted before. But when the hell are o2 releasing the Xda Exec. its been on the cards with o2 for a while now. They really need to pull the thumb out.
    same with the nokia n70.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They do, don't they :(

I wish they'd release it so I could at least get a demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sc4rf4ce

i think i might just buy an imate. screw o2. ive waited around for the xda exec long enough. im sure there are other 3g models with wi fi around.

i-mate JASJAR is the i-mate version.

It's €954.95 on http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=119353 so you might be best waiting for an O2 contract ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

when O2 go 3G Video etc they will be released

What do you base this on woody? What has Video calling got to do with the XDA Exec ?

• Advertisement

well correct me if I am wrong but the XDA Exec has 3G video Calling facilities, hence it would not be released because 3G Video Calling has not gone life yet, I would say when all 3G Services go completely live it would be released, that and I have been told by a very reliable source in O2 in Dublin that it is not to far away as the 6680 has been introduced but as yet is not fully ready to go

I'd like to know who or what position your source is in, as that info doesn't make much sense to me. They've released the Nokia 6680 without video calling - seemingly realising that video calling is not the sole reason to buy a device .. merely further incentive.

I'd imagine there's a lot of people screaming out for the Exec and it's nothing to do with video calling. It's got a full size keyboard, 3G speeds, faster wifi and it's more powerful then anything before.

Why would Video calling even be a consideration to be honest ?

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'd like to know who or what position your source is in, as that info doesn't make much sense to me. They've released the Nokia 6680 without video calling - seemingly realising that video calling is not the sole reason to buy a device .. merely further incentive.

I'd imagine there's a lot of people screaming out for the Exec and it's nothing to do with video calling. It's got a full size keyboard, 3G speeds, faster wifi and it's more powerful then anything before.

Why would Video calling even be a consideration to be honest ?

Because it is part of a new line up and hence will not be released until 3G goes live in total and my source works in marketing for O2 in Dublin, also the Exec has several teething problems primarily based on WM5 and it's severe bugs with Activesync, Sleep to Death and general instablity, so I would hold off before a few ROM's are out to see if the BT Disconnect issue is resolved and AKU 2.2 is fully released...

It is a nice machine but needs a lot of bedding in before being as stable as WM2003SE

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

It certainly is part of the problem.
    I have a jasjar since early this year and it rocks (and is totally stable unlike any xda I've had) but 3g coverage is very patchy. I assume it's ok in Dublin, Cork etc. Picture messaging only works on the old WAP standard. All the xdas have had loads of hassle (and I have had 3 of them) because the Irish network is just too different from the UK in many ways and it seems to take them forever to sort out the issues if they ever do. Plus they have said openly to me that they sell relatively few which is drone speak for we don't care.

Advertisement