Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upmarket Restaurant

• 29-04-2006 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

I fancy taking the little lady out to a nice restaurant in Dublin, but dont really know where to start looking , so does anyone have any recommendations. What im looking for is fine dining at around €30 a main course ? I hear chapter one is good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mullmick

Chapter One is great. You will need to book in advance of course- but it is really great quality food, and amazing service.

Also try Eden- I have eaten there for lunch, and was pleasantly surprised. Also, Mermaid Cafe on Dame Street is pretty good- New England style cuisene.

Other good options include Cafe Band, Unicorn, L'Ecrivan, which are all around the Baggot Street area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭daymobrew

One Pico off Molesworth Street is great. Quite pricey but the food and service were excellent.

I also heard good things about Unicorn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Smoggy wrote:
    I hear chapter one is good.

I have heard the same thing, haven't been yet though.

I can highly recommend Jacobs Ladder on Nassau street, the food is to die for, a real treat for a special night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Unicorn or Chapter One would be my advice.

L'ecrivan would probably exceed what you're planning to pay, it's very pricey, although as a once-off possibly worth it. As a student, it's not really an option for me unless I get my parents to have my graduation meal there. :D

The service in Chapter One is amazing though, makes it well worth the money imo.

Just looked at the menus for Jacob's Ladder, think I'll have to convince my parents to book there for a meal next time they're up. It looks like a really good place to eat, and I've never heard of it before. Love trying new places :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks guys - certainly given me something to look over.
    From what I have seen so far I'm liking he look of :

1.) One Pico
    2.) Chapter One
    3.) Jacobs ladder

I will leave the final choice down to my girlfriend, as there is no point me picking and her not liking the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

daymobrew wrote:
    One Pico off Molesworth Street is great. Quite pricey but the food and service were excellent.

Agreed - had a fantastic night there - food was amazing and the staff were very friendly and on the ball. Can't go wrong really. Enjoy your night - she'll love you for it!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

A decision has been made, Thanks all for the input , Chapter One it is.

Hopefully I will slowly get round all the above suggestions.

Advertisement