Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rooney breaks metatarsal - 8 weeks to recover?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

No, Sky were to quick off the mark. They are now changing it to 6 weeks from the date of the injury and not a further 6 weeks. He is to him a further scan on the 14th June. He will be able to resume training on June 11th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah, just saw that! I thought I had been seeing things. Full training in 2 weeks, that's pretty encouraging. So, if I'm thinking right that is between England's first two group matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Yeah, just saw that! I thought I had been seeing things. Full training in 2 weeks, that's pretty encouraging. So, if I'm thinking right that is between England's first two group matches.

bbc sport says different http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5019094.stm

return to training july 9th, 2 days before the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I personally don't think England will qualify from the group anyway, so it's all irrelevant what happens to Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Sky have once again changed their story ffs, it's more in line with the Beeb now, saying that he will have another scan on June 14th and won't resume training until they see the results. Erikson has confirmed that he will be going regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Aldini98

Eriksson is a dope of the highest order, they won't win the World Cup because of him. They have the players just not the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Erikson has confirmed that he will be going regardless.
    Going, but when? According to the Ferguson "A further CT scan will be performed in Manchester on June 14" three days after England's first game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think some wise council needs to prevail, with Walcott unlikely to be used except in a sub/injury crisis capacity (if that) and Rooney unfit even if healed one of them will have to be dropped in favour of Dafoe.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

AFAIK they can only replace injured players now - so it would have to be Rooney not to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I can't see Rooney feature much in The world Cup unless England get to the semi's and without him in team their chances of doing that are very much lessened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Rooneys next scan has been brought forward to June 7th.

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.asp?hlid=390716&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=4161&title=Rooney+scan+brought+forward
    The next scan on Wayne Rooney's foot has been brought forward by seven days.

The Manchester United star was due back in hospital on June 14, but he will now return on June 7 - his club have confirmed.

The 20-year-old has already linked up with the England squad, ahead of the finals which begin next month.

Rooney was not expected to return to training until after June 14 - but there could now be ramifications surrounding the new date.

Should the scan be good news, then Rooney will be able to return to training earlier than previously expected and could indeed be used in the group stages by coach Sven Goran Eriksson.

However, it will also give England a chance to call-up a replacement if needed - as the deadline for this is June 9 and an earlier scan means The Three Lions with have one last chance to assess the injury.

"Following a meeting between England's medical team and Manchester United's medical team with both managers present it has been agreed to obtain a further precautionary CT scan on June 7 in order to help the England management to make a decision [on Rooney's fitness] before the deadline of June 9," said a statement issued by United.

"Both parties agree that everything possible is being done to aid recovery of a fracture that involves the joint."

This is encouraging. Hopefully he'll be given the all clear and if not at least they will be able to bring in a replacement now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Had to laugh watching Sky Sports News just there...."Victoria Beckham thinks Rooney will be fit enough for the World Cup".
    Anyone else know that she was a doctor??
    :rolleyes: Crazy alright.

The tabloid mania over Rooney's injury over here is ridiculous. He's on the front of every tabloid every second day, complete with "injury timelines", metatarsal diagrams and 'expert' analyses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm really getting an incredible desire to see Rooney play at the world cup.

I have this image in my mind of England playing Brazil, and Ronaldinho doing the flip flap trick, and Rooney coming in from behind and stealing it and breaking quickly.

I'd really really really love to see Rooney take on Brazil, just cause it'd be incredible.

It appears like he is going to make the knockout stages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Its Beckham 2002 all over again. He wasnt fit for the world cup yet played and england were worse with him in the team.

2006 and the same will happen. They will not win the world cup now becuase the nation believes that they cant do it unless Rooney plays.

If rooney plays then the opposition will target him and test that foot of his, im sure that will test the rooney temperment....it will be like a red rag to a bull. Of course the england press will cry wolf.

For a while there I wanted them to do well, all that good will is gone im afraid.

Its going to be fun to see them fail...... yet again. Wonfer who will they blame this time?! Nike, the United doctor?

I hope he fails his test so the nonsense will end.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

PHB wrote:
    I have this image in my mind of England playing Brazil, and Ronaldinho doing the flip flap trick, and Rooney coming in from behind and stealing it and breaking quickly.
    And then getting carded for the tackle from behind.
    I really want to see Rooney play at the world cup because I don't like him - I've different images in my head :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Hobart wrote:
    Rooney won't play a part. He's out of it guy's , no question.
    Willstev wrote:
    Rooney needs a miracle to play in the WC.
    Willstev wrote:
    So the fact of the matter is there is no possible way that Wayne Rooney will feature in the World Cup.
    zabbo wrote:
    He'll not play any part in the World Cup
    mr_angry wrote:
    IMHO, he has no chance of being match-fit for the World Cup.

Quite the team of doctors and medical experts we have on boards.ie :p

:D Its why we're here and not in theatre!

*Nurse, the screams!*

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Quite the team of doctors and medical experts we have on boards.ie :p

To be fair he isnt fully fit. You can see his brilliance but the sharpness isnt always there and he was abolutely bolloxed halfway through the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Babybing wrote:
    To be fair he isnt fully fit.

I never said he was, but those quotes aren't saying he won't be fully fit, they're saying he had no hope of making it. He'll get better with every game he plays (pity it might only be one more :D).

Advertisement