Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Comfort Food

• 30-04-2006 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

What food do you eat for comfort? (or drink)

Chocolate poptarts while reading a good book. I discovered this a few days ago. I'm trying to get over lots of bad things that have happened to me so I'm doing this alot lately. I need to put on weight anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

While comfort eating to excess isn't a good idea, I find pasta carbonara a good comfort food. (In a small bowl because comfort eating to get rid of the misery of being a big fat blob is counterproductive.)

Anything with simple carbs. Or a full roast dinner, especially if someone else has done all the work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Mashed potato :) Especially with spring onions, yum.

I love comfort eating while reading (did a lot of it last year); found a little Lindt dark chocolate, hot choc with marshmallows (has to be made with milk though), or a moderate-sized bowl of ben and jerry's to be quite effective. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Hakumei Naru

Just discovered that chocolate covered turkish-delight is wonderfully satisfying ^_^

Yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would have a few comfort foods - having a cup of tea while having chocolate would be one, another is thai green curry (you can get microwavable bowls that are done in 3 minutes) and onion flavoured corn snacks are another.

Having the odd treat once a week is no harm as part of a balanced diet and not just as a comfort food.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Beef Stew with plenty of spuds
    Baked potato with Sour cream and chives
    Bangers and mash
    Cheese on toast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Rice is good if you're hungry and want to eat thousands of something. (stolen)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

While comfort eating to excess isn't a good idea, I find pasta carbonara a good comfort food. (In a small bowl because comfort eating to get rid of the misery of being a big fat blob is counterproductive.)
    sadly the misery of being a fat blob only encourages some of us to be fatter blobs!

i reckon hot popcorn is the business for comfort eating, or mashed spuds,

or just a bowl of mushy peas with loads of butter (pregnant lady food i know but i blame the mammy)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

My ultimate comfort food is Toast with coleslaw and ketchup or Ben & Jerrys ice cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Pretty much any sort of cheese for me (but the smellier the better) with warm, crusty bread and loads of real butter.

Alternatively, a potato and spinach gratin from M&S with the really rich creamy sauce - never fails to lift my mood.

Advertisement