Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash not working as it should in brower.

Options
  • 30-04-2006 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭

I've create a small website using a few scenes. Every time I have tested it inside of flash it has worked perfectly. But when I try export it to a browser it messes up pretty badly. Some of the links to specific scenes no longer work (it resets the movie instead of changing scene like it does in flashplayer) and some of the urls aren't formatted correctly (some urls have extra stuff like "?blah=x" which I need for some javascript functions, but they aren't sending properly outside of the flash player, the url lacks anything past .html. It's bizarre and really pissing me off :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

In my version of Flash (newer versions may differ), you need to use "add variables" for perl/cgi appendages to a URL link.
    To run javascript/VB, you must use the FS Command() in your Flash swf, and the javascript function in the HTML page MUST be called "YourMovieName_DoFSCommand()" like this:

function YourMovieName_DoFSCommand(command,args) {
    Your function here
    }

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trecool

Send me the file and i'll take a look at it!

Thanks,
    John Mallon

www.inamotion.com

Advertisement