Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drains expert?

Options
  • 30-04-2006 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

My sink outlet runs into a drain that was obviously intended only for gutter water - it goes to a soakaway.

This drain spends most of its life backed up and stinking.

I've had it "rebuilt" three times - in each case builders came along, said that it wouldn't be possible to reroute it into the proper drains without digging up the whole place, and instead re-dug the soakaway; within three months, in each case, the drain started clogging again.

Is there anywhere I can find someone who can actually sort this out without costing an arm and a leg?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I think your problem is 85% labour intensive ,if you could get a plumber out and ask him if you could do the digging and he lay the pipe.
    Then you could get someone in to do the digging that the plumber wants done.

There are agencies that supply people who will labour for a lot less than a plumber would.

It's just a suggestion ,but we always let people bring their costs down if thats the way they want to go about it, most half decent tradesmen will help you as best they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh, good idea, thanks EireRoadUser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

By the way, where do I find these agencies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I'd say under labour agencies or something, I'm not sure.

I hope it doesn't make things too frustrating ,but at the end of the day if it's done right you can forget all about it.

Whereabouts are you anyways ,I'm presuming your in the sticks if you are using a soakaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

Luckat,

Another idea is using a macerator which pumps the waste to a drain. They are usually used in a basement where the sewer is above the level of your sink or toilet. It could equally suit your situation as it can pump long distances.

One type is at this link saniflo

• Advertisement
Advertisement