Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a good set of darts in Dublin?

• 30-04-2006 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭

I had a small disaster happen with one of my darts last night. While throwing my darts, I had a dart bounce out onto a very hard tiled floor breaking the tungsten dart of towards the tip.

I have had these darts for nearly 20 years now and absolutely adored them.

I had a man from London Ontario drill them out at a tournament to install a moveable point a few years ago.

He had the first two darts finished and I was practicing with them on a board next to his table when the third dart disintegrated on the wheel.

He went on to completely re-fashion the dart to the exact size, shape, weight and knurl of the original dart. This is the part that broke on the floor. So I am now stuck with two darts.

So my question is this, where can you find a place in Dublin with a large selection of darts to choose from? I have been to Lifestyle sports on different occasions and they do not have much of a selection of darts.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,738 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I am pretty sure Elvery Sports do a "decent" range of darts. I think they have a few shops in Dublin.
    I think there may be a few online shops as well but if you're like myself you'd rather see and hold them before buying.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Not sure not being from Dublin but I think a place called Brenfer in Capel street could make you a set of darts the same as your old ones. I know they sell darts anyway.

I have dealt with these guys and can recommend them.

Elven Darts
    http://www.notn.co.uk/darts/index.htm

Elven can make you a set to your own specs.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

That could be a very interesting possibility.

Thank you for that link !!

I actually bought a 'surround' for my dart board in Brefner's a few weeks ago. I am going to go to as many places in Dublin as I can or until i find what i am looking for.

Any other thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭le-dub

Fergal O Brien's father owns a shop that has a great selection of darts. I can't remember the name of the shop. You walk down the end of Henry Street past Jervis shopping across the first junction and its the next right and its only about 10yrds from the coroner.:D

I believe that is 'Brefners'.

I went by there today and they were closed.

I did find a nice set of 24g Unicorns that are part of the Phil Taylor signature line that I am trying out as we speak.

I am still looking until I find that one set that 'I can't live without'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I believe that is 'Brefners'.

I went by there today and they were closed.

I did find a nice set of 24g Unicorns that are part of the Phil Taylor signature line that I am trying out as we speak.

I am still looking until I find that one set that 'I can't live without'.
    That is your best bet for a set of darts in Dublin their is another shop down Capel street where I bought my last set of darts in (as mine were stolen and Berfners were closed) it deals in pool/snooker/kick boxing stuff mainly but has a good selection of darts.

My neice recommended that very same place as she has recently gotten into Kick Boxing.

I did go by there when I was in the area and they were closed as well, but did have a selection of dart supplies in the window.

All of this advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Advertisement