Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Emo Rampage

• 30-04-2006 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

The Emo Rampage has swept the city.

Everywhere I look, there are people in drainpipe jeans, Vans with dyed black hair, a long fringe and a sullen facial expression.

Has it become fashionable to look like this? Perhaps I'm not as clued in as I think I am...

I'm also beginning to notice that I share some traits with them.

The fringe.

That black leather belt with the pyramid studs.

Bows.

What critera does your typical Emo kid meet in order to be Emo?! And Emo people, WHY are you Emo?

That is all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I suggest slapping it out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC1DA9A27ms

Says it all tbh.. I'll never understand this whole emo thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

SexyD4Lady wrote:

Everywhere I look, there are people in drainpipe jeans, Vans with dyed black hair, a long fringe and a sullen facial expression.

Has it become fashionable to look like this? Perhaps I'm not as clued in as I think I am...

The fringe.

Bows.

What critera does your typical Emo kid meet in order to be Emo?! And Emo people, WHY are you Emo?

That is all.

It has really hit a peak in the last month or so... it's similar, in terms of "rise and fall" to punk, goth etc and, thus, it'll be gone soon enough after this peak. Nevertheless, I find it quite hot on some people - though it'd never work for me :)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

SexyD4Lady wrote:

The fringe.

Bows.

That is all.
    Haha great description, very accurate.

As with most things, I can offer no explanation.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Some of the girls are very hot...but just too emo. Dying hair black is a good thing that came out of it unlike everything else. So OP, going to dress emo to fit in and be cool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Haha!

No, I'm quite happy with the way I dress at the moment, which is very.... nothing.

I incorporate a lot of differnt niches into my wardrobe. I don't conform to a particluar group, but I would lean more towards the boho trendy type or perhaps Southside princess...

Oh dear, I know. I haven't had the heart to throw away the Dubes. I have grown out of that phases more or less, though. Thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

found this,
    might be of some interest:

http://www.dobi.nu/emo/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have gap jeans, I'm nearly there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wear cheap dunnes crap. :)

Fortunately, this fad has reached Galway yet!Im kinda skeptical of a fad that thinks its ok to cut your wrists.Im sickened by this as i know a few people who do this and they thinks its ok because everybody is doing it!:(

Plus i like to see girls who look happy and wear colourful clothes!It suits them better.Im sure it will it hit Galway in the next month.God knows when it will happen in Leitrim.The goth phase is still popular now and that happened about three years ago!Why is leitrim so far behind the times?*sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Why is leitrim so far behind the times?*sigh*

Are Nirvana popular yet? :D

Oh my god!They are all wearing those fcuking hoodies(nirvana) the most unsexiest thing ever(yes girls hide your cleavage under a two sizes too big nirvana hoody)!Oh look kurt was so cool!He shot himself.No he may have been a tragic knob but a knob none the less.
    My mother works in manorhamilton(its in north leitrim.)She bought a pink bag but the od ladies in the HSE started bitching saying "you look like one of those celebritrities over in England with that bag"

Fortunately, this fad has reached Galway yet!Im kinda skeptical of a fad that thinks its ok to cut your wrists.Im sickened by this as i know a few people who do this and they thinks its ok because everybody is doing it!:(
    That's ridiculous!
    I can see why people do it if they are depressed of the point of numbness and want to feel something, anything(well if that's why most people do it) but because other people do it is just taking the piss!
    Plus i like to see girls who look happy and wear colourful clothes!It suits them better.
    Nah, it doesn't. :)
    Im sure it will it hit Galway in the next month.God knows when it will happen in Leitrim.The goth phase is still popular now and that happened about three years ago!Why is leitrim so far behind the times?*sigh*
    Hopefully it won't hit here big time but yes there are one or two knocking around. Mostly it's just little, young, annoying semi metal people in galway.
    Leitrim knows what fashion means?

My mother works in manorhamilton(its in north leitrim.)She bought a pink bag but the od ladies in the HSE started bitching saying "you look like one of those celebritrities over in England with that bag"

What does that have to do with anything??

Is your mother Emo??

It means he doesn't think the phase will be hitting the metropolis, that is Leitrim, anytime soon.

It means he doesn't think the phase will be hitting the metropolis, that is Leitrim, anytime soon.
    You speaketh the truth tar!With your perception!You would know that you went to NUIG!lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

someone should let them know althought they may be EMOtional there's more emotions than rediculously depressed!

SexyD4Lady wrote:

What does that have to do with anything??

Is your mother Emo??
    memo to self:Never ever bring my mother up on an internet forum again.Im just waiting to be ridiculed.

Well with that pink bag she sounds like a phag. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I hate the emo look "its a sad cheap imitation of goth" as the wise Adam and Andrew said. I made some observations at the HIM gig the other night. In order to be emo you must wear your belt or belts either backwards or sideways, wear skin tight jeans (which look particularly disturbing on the males) and find horizontal stripes on jumpers to be quite cool. Also emo girlies seem quite fond of these dreadful checkered runners.
    I know I'm so judgemental and hypocritical considering I'm part of the "goth army of conformity".........

• Advertisement

Well with that pink bag she sounds like a phag. :p
    My ma is the best(ma) in the west!:p

Nightwish wrote:
    and find horizontal stripes on jumpers to be quite cool.
    Stripes used to be cool but the emos stole them. :P
    Also emo girlies seem quite fond of these dreadful checkered runners.
    As in the one cory from slipknot has?
    Black and white?
    About three people in the world can pull them off without looking like a tool...
    I know I'm so judgemental and hypocritical considering I'm part of the "goth army of conformity".........
    If only that weren't true.

EDIT: Dazzler. My mummy and your mammy, handbags at noonish!

EDIT: Dazzler. My mummy and your mammy, handbags at noonish!
    Oh its on!My ma is so going to serve yore ma and then its on!!!1!!11!*to the tune of cotton eye joe*(the anthem of north leitrim)

Great song, although now Nightwish's mother is invited?
    CoughfixquoteCough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Emoo's are people too, although they'll sweaar they're not, "they fell more emotions than normal people"

That said, some of them can look hot, all they need to do is smile :) <
    An emoo smiling, see it's hot

And The_Dazzler, my mam would kill your mam, she'd send nearly anyone away to a Concentration Camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Nightwish wrote:
    I hate the emo look "its a sad cheap imitation of goth" as the wise Adam and Andrew said. I made some observations at the HIM gig the other night. In order to be emo you must wear your belt or belts either backwards or sideways, wear skin tight jeans (which look particularly disturbing on the males) and find horizontal stripes on jumpers to be quite cool. Also emo girlies seem quite fond of these dreadful checkered runners.
    Wasn't Ville wearing those "dreadful checkered runners"? ;)

I hate the emo's attitude, I don't mind how some of them look(mmmmmtastyemo). None of them moshed, so I felt out of place moshing so I didn't. There was no happy jumping or anything, they just stood there. It was so sad. I got the weirdest looks from some of them when I was wearing my hat and laughing. Though some of them laughed too. Awww.:D

I find it hilarious when you go into Temple Bar and see all the emos being emo and sitting on the ground. It's like beautiful living statues. ;)
    Though I'm not sure if I'm turning into one yet, I'll have to ask a friend. :) I think I might be too happy.

BlueSpiral wrote:
    Wasn't Ville wearing those "dreadful checkered runners"? ;)
    Ya, but frankly that guy is a tool.
    :)

Beautiful living statues? Ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Emo has ruined clothes for me.
    I've been wearing vans and converse for years, and suddenly i'm being called emo?!
    It's stupid. To me it just seems to be a whole new generation of mini's just under a new name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I find it hilarious when you go into Temple Bar and see all the emos being emo and sitting on the ground. It's like beautiful living statues.

hahahahah lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Ya, but frankly that guy is a tool.
    :)

Beautiful living statues? Ha!
    Sarcasm no good over internet.

See watch.
    Tar, you are wonderful mighty person who is the sexiest man alive.

See, no sarcasm!!!!
    ;)

Squirrel wrote:
    Emoo's are people too, although they'll sweaar they're not, "they fell more emotions than normal people"

That said, some of them can look hot, all they need to do is smile :) <
    An emoo smiling, see it's hot

And The_Dazzler, my mam would kill your mam, she'd send nearly anyone away to a Concentration Camp.
    Please my ma would exterminate you herself and then use ya to make a good north Leitrim stew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Are Nirvana popular yet? :D

Nirvana? You'd be lucky if the beatles have peaked there yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Nightwish wrote:
    Also emo girlies seem quite fond of these dreadful checkered runners.
    I knew it! So they are emo. A guy I know where's them. Right then, he's offically emo.

I knew it! So they are emo. A guy I know where's them. Right then, he's offically emo.
    yes...whatever I dictate as being emo, goes!

Nightwish wrote:
    yes...whatever I dictate as being emo, goes!
    Well, you would be the one that knows most about it!
    I name you Ainemo.
    Tar, you are wonderful mighty person who is the sexiest man alive.
    Thanks! I get that a lot. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Jeez, just let emos be emos, don't go crying into your tear catcher about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

To be honest I see as many d4 tools and scumbags as I do emos, they're all equally dumbasses following a stereotype for no apparent reason, and are all exactly the same, they just look slightly different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

stabby rip stab stab...

Shrimp wrote:
    stabby rip stab stab...

Should it not be "slitty slit cry slit"?:confused:

Nope, it's from the emo song. Look at the video on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

FX Meister wrote:
    Jeez, just let emos be emos, don't go crying into your tear catcher about it.

exactly they are being too emo about emo's.

let emo's be at least they aren't asking you for spare change, annoying you for smokes, handing you a free paper you don't want, a smelly hippie trying to get you to give to charity or doing anything else that's annoying and or illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Shrimp wrote:
    stabby rip stab stab...

Kudos.

Heehee...

Any Emo boardsters around? I'm curious as to why and how this trend came about and why you all jumped on the bandwagon.

simu,Ainemo(Nightwish), HisInfernalEmo amongst a host of others.
    They are taking over.

Tar!Write in"emo blog"This is the result "pages from ireland"!

http://www.google.ie/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&q=emo+blog&meta=cr%3DcountryIE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I only wish I was emo.

sigh

Tar!Write in"emo blog"This is the result "pages from ireland"!

http://www.google.ie/search?num=20&hl=en&safe=off&q=emo+blog&meta=cr%3DcountryIE
    keep it under your hat. :D

Simu...feeling down because you can't be emo??
    You are becoming one in an ironic fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

You're all just jealous that you arent young, free and wild like these fellows.

http://www.youtube.com/player.swf?video_id=xj9U7aRr_lQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

You're all just jealous that you arent young, free and wild like these fellows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj9U7aRr_lQ

damn youtube changed its links.

simu,Ainemo(Nightwish), HisInfernalEmo amongst a host of others.
    They are taking over.
    you know thats exactly what I am striving for when I get dressed in the morning...the first question I ask myself is How emo can I look today?

• Advertisement
Advertisement