Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Emo Rampage

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nightwish wrote:
    you know thats exactly what I am striving for when I get dressed in the morning...the first question I ask myself is How emo can I look today?
    You've got it down!
    All you need to do is that flicky thing with your hair that that guy in the band does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

simu wrote:
    I only wish I was emo.

sigh
    Awww! Look at teh emo!

*shakes up little emo's cute hair*:p
    *stuffs you in a hamster cage*
    emo is mine! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Her bebo name is emo! and she loves stabby rip stab stab...
    Quod erat demonstrandum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

You've got it down!
    All you need to do is that flicky thing with your hair that that guy in the band does.
    I think you'll find it's called a tear catcher. Or did you not pick up on that already?

I think you will find I am taking the line out of a song...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ha Tar, you'd be non-conforming too if you looked just like me

I look too much like you as it is. I'm almost emo enough to start shaving my legs, because I feel real deep when I'm dressing in drag. I call it freedom of expression,
    most just call me a fag. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

you look like a chick, I look like a dyke, cos emo is one step below transvestite.

Stop my breathing and slit my throat, I must be emo! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

I'm sick of hearing about hearing about emo kids

*searches for mikado post*

I say leave 'em alone. For all the **** that gets flung at emo kids, you have to question the kind of person who gets annoyed at the most pointless of all things: a musical genre.

A few of my friends (slayer/deicide types) never stop cursing emo kids, it's all kinda sinister. Hmm, emo annoys you, and the leather clad, because-i-can-beard wearing metal fans, who sit around all day giving out about emo kids, cursing "your christ" and such, are any less annoying?

Anyone who starts lumping people by musical genre needs sterilisation

It's got nothing to do with musical genre and yes those beardy men are annoying.
    Coughkarlcough.

guess I dont see what the fuss is....appearance flies high above my head :)

re that youtube video - boring & flat

psh well, off to bed so

Tchocky wrote:
    guess I dont see what the fuss is....appearance flies high above my head :)

re that youtube video - boring & flat

psh well, off to bed so
    Well, it has something to do with appearance, nearly on track.
    You thought the emo song was boring and flat! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

He sounds a little depressed. Some may say... emo. ¬_¬

Spy!

I'll enquire with my Mikado contacts. This emo will be ousted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    What critera does your typical Emo kid meet in order to be Emo?! And Emo people, WHY are you Emo?

Just have a look at solitaryman666... textbook emof4g :D

I'll enquire with my Mikado contacts. This emo will be ousted.

nah, no emo here. I've ginger hair, it carries emunnity

Tchocky wrote:
    obviously not immunity from spelling mistakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

im not sure if u got it or not but i think he was joking... immunity + emo = emunnity

still not a proper word:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Good effort, though.

Shush, Dazzler.

Tchocky wrote:
    I should have known, ginger hair. Sure how could oyu find something funny if you have no soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Uh... back to the appearance stuff, folks!

Like, how can you make your hair go like this:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/user_images/pics/1/6764000/ngbbs435444d29d4f5.jpg

Looks pretty cool, imo

simu wrote:

Looks pretty cool, imo

God she looks like she got hit with a plank of wood to the face!I was told to shush!wells hush yourself;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6UEA0_iJk0&search=emo%20ohio

emokid21ohio is a legend!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

emop kids love the attention, thats the point;)
    its just like any other phase except its got no cause behind it, its all about feeling sorry about yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ-Ru3SclJI&search=emo%20kid

simu wrote:

Looks pretty cool, imo
    My hair goes naturally like that after I shower and I have struggle to keep it unlike that until it dries.
    It's why I never leave my room right after I shower. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think you will find I am taking the line out of a song...
    No, I didn't find that. Sorry for your loss.

I should have known, ginger hair. Sure how could oyu find something funny if you have no soul.

*cries in the cellar*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

eVerYONe!11 knOws yER nOt emO unLEss yEw tAlk lOikE diS!11ONE!!ELeveN!

el rabitos wrote:
    eVerYONe!11 knOws yER nOt emO unLEss yEw tAlk lOikE diS!11ONE!!ELeveN!

Hee. or spell your name with an x between every letter. and throwing the word 'core' into everything

xTxCx....etc

• Advertisement

Ok, I'm starting to feel we're being a little hard on the poor people, so I'll defend.

I honestly think alot of them are very good-looking and have got some good taste in music. I find alot of the sort-of emo looking guys very attractive (except of the course the ones who are wearing such tight jeans you can see thier manhood, gah). I just don't like the people who aren't at all happy and listen to just one type of music, emo in this case.

*dingdingding* 8D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

im confused what does emo stand for and how did it originate? ive seen it allright just never knew there was a name! dont critiscise people for dying their hair black I always dye mine it looks better that color

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

im confused what does emo stand for and how did it originate?

Emo people are fans of Emo Phillips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Emo rock is short for "emotional rock". It soon became shortened to just "emo".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I dont really mind them tbh! I just wish they would smile or laugh - no need to be so depressing! i love skinny jeans on me but not boys(quite disturbing!!) you know who i think is really emo - Seth from the telelvision show the o.c, that is were i started hearing all bout d emo look etc....ps why hasnt any one stood up for emos in this thread? I think they are scared :eek:

P.S Karl sorry for the previous mess I had writeen - its all edited and I hope you can now comprehend it!

d4gurl wrote:
    I dnt really mind them tbh! I just wish they would smile or laugh - no need to be so depressing! i love skinny jeans! - but dnt dress in all black and check shoes dey luk wrong! you kno who i think is really emo - Seth from d oc dat is were i started hearin all bout d emo look etc....ps why hasnt neon stood up for emos on dis?i tnk they are scared :eek:

I think I made out something about emo kids wearing neon? The rest is just a mess. :confused:

I don't really mind them tbh! I just wish they would smile or laugh. There is no need to be so depressing!
    I love skinny jeans! However, I don't dress in all black and wear those 'check shoes'. They don't look right. You know who I think is really emo, Seth from The OC. That is were I started hearing about the emo look etc...
    P.S. Why hasn't anybody stood up for emos on this? I think they are scared.
    There Karl...not that you would want to understand it.

There Karl...not that you would want to understand it.

Wow, I didn't know you spoke fluent gibberish.

So where did the neon thing fit in?

Wow, I didn't know you spoke fluent gibberish.

So where did the neon thing fit in?
    I know many languages that do not exist.
    Neon meant anyone. :/

• Advertisement

Neon meant anyone. :/

How bogglesome.

I find it disturbing that I can read anything like that fluently and without having to think about it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I find it disturbing that I can read anything like that fluently and without having to think about it. :(

So would I tbh. How can 'anyone' be shortened to neon? :confused: God, I hate text speak :(

At first, when I started posting, I assumed that everybody was like me, not needing any grammar, so I didn't bother with any. :(
    We are all called to the heavenly light of grammar. Come into the light d4gurl, run towards it!

I'm dyslexic, so text speak really does nothing more than hurt my head when I try to read it.

At first, when I started posting, I assumed that everybody was like me, not needing any grammar, so I didn't bother with any. :(
    We are all called to the heavenly light of grammar. Come into the light d4gurl, run towards it!
    But not into the headlights! We don't want d4gurl all over the road. :eek:

As I was saying mmmmmmmm emo!:D

• Advertisement

I'm dyslexic, so text speak really does nothing more than hurt my head when I try to read it.
    Dunno, it's like I don't even see the text speak words, my mind puts the real ones in their place and puts in grammar where it sees fit. Learned to not assume people will just be the same. Don't really know what dyslexia would be like(lots of types aren't there?) but people should have consideration for people with it when posting.

How do you fare with those things that keep the same first and last letters in every word of the sentence but rearrange the rest of the words?
    But not into the headlights! We don't want d4gurl all over the road.

As I was saying mmmmmmmm emo!
    Duck behind a door! Your emo is showing!
    Oh and thanks for the rep. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭michaela

Stop my breathing and slit my throat, I must be emo! :eek:

i dont jump around when i go to shows...................

How do you fare with those things that keep the same first and last letters in every word of the sentence but rearrange the rest of teh words?

Quite well, considering. But text speak and poor spelling are entirely different altogether. A miss-spelled word will be recognisable as the word it's meant to be, and context is also a huge help. With text speak, everything is abbreviated to a series of numbers and lettes that are far beyond any recognisable words, it's incomprehensible.

So lets say someone's finger slipped when typing the word "Anyine" it's still going to look like the word it's meant to be, and lets say the context is "Is there anyine about?" it's going to be perfectly clear what is meant.

In the case of text speak, however, if someone types 'Neon' as an abbreviation, it's identical to the actual word neon, meaning a bright, vidid and flourescent colour. Then there's also those random numbers thrown around, in the middle of words, so context goes straight out the window aswell: "neon 4 i8s m as?lol"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I thought I had apologised for my text speak by re -editing my post. I just noticed I forgot a couple of words! I love how threads go awry....perhaps we can steer the discussion back to the topic on hand - emo people! Also I would appreciate a little less nastiness - I can obviously spell but wrote the previous message without realising I wasn't in my usual forum! D4 girl runs away to cry and try and get some study done.....perhaps she may even slit her wrists after the harsh criticisms from others :( Oh also I would love to get an A1 in English to prove anyones misconceptions of me wrong!!

d4gurl wrote:
    I thought I had apologised for my text speak by re -editing my post. I just noticed I forgot a couple of words! I love how threads go awry....perhaps we can steer the discussion back to the topic on hand - emo people! Also I would appreciate a little less nastiness - I can obviously spell but wrote the previous message without realising I wasn't in my usual forum! D4 girl runs away to cry and try and get some study done.....perhaps she may even slit her wrists after the harsh criticisms from others :( Oh also I would love to get an A1 in English to prove anyones misconceptions of me wrong!!

I didn't even notice you edited it. Sorry. I do appreciate that though, so sorry if it seemed I was ranting solely about you, but just text speak in general.

• Advertisement
Advertisement