Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Emo Rampage

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That stealth edit slipped by me too. :
    Good work. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

well from what I gather from South Park, the key to being EMO is to not conform, so you have to wear all black, and listen to their music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I didn't even notice you edited it. Sorry. I do appreciate that though, so sorry if it seemed I was ranting solely about you, but just text speak in general.

Don't worry I read over what I had originally written and I can understand where you are coming from! I appreciate the apologies :D! I was joking by the way about the whole slit my wrists thing(it was a reference to the whole emo conception!):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

d4gurl wrote:
    I was joking by the way about the whole slit my wrists thing(it was a reference to the whole emo conception!):p

I did get that. I just don't want you to think that I was just bent on scolding you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

Lmao! I wasn't sure hehe!! No bother again!

so if i become emo!Will i become cooler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

hehe, look at this, don't know if it's been posted already, haven't read the rest of this thread but here ya go anyway:o

Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Cool-er? ;)

Dress up as a giant bat, and stand on one of the buildings over looking Temple Bar or somewhere, humming the batman tune and talking to a gender confused hobo dressed up as a bird.

Then you could be cool. Or be arrested. Whatever floats your boat. :D

BlueSpiral wrote:
    humming the batman tune

Which one? The theme from the 60's TV series, or the Tim Burton film. Because I think I'd hum the fantastic Danny Elfman theme.

• Advertisement

I wanna be cool!So would any of ye like to come ride with batman?Ive got snickers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

The Danny Elfman one idiot :p, the other one is grainy and annoying.

Dazzler, you'll be flying down on the lovely emos and trying to bite their hair/heads! Hahahaha! it'll be the reverse Ozzy Osborne drama. We could put it on naked camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've actually only seen two emo kids recently and seeing as we wouldn't cross paths in any case, they don't really bother me.
    That said, I haven't been into the city centre during the day for quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

snogged an emo guy last weekend, I kinda like the look, the whole attitude thing would wreck my tits thou :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Did it not bother you that he was straight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

FX Meister wrote:
    Did it not bother you that he was straight?
    Straight? Is that meant to be a joke?

yes and no.
    It's a well known fact that emo guys are straight. But they think it's ok to kiss guys, cause, you know.

FX Meister wrote:
    cause, you know.

I'm afraid not. Care to explain your little insight on the matter in a bit more depth at all?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's from the emo song.

• Advertisement

It's from the emo song.

Ah. I can't listen to that without getting a stifling urge to kick the speakers in.

Although something that has been boggling me is the title of the thread. The Emo 'Rampage'? What rampage? It really must be a desicively loose interpretation of the word, mustn't it? Are Emo kids rampaging? Is there carnage in our streets as the Emo war-machine wages on?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

What is emo? Does it stand for something? Am I a complete dope?

Scoops wrote:
    What is emo? Does it stand for something? Am I a complete dope?

Fans of the comedian Emo Phillips tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

Fans of the comedian Emo Phillips tbh.

cheers man

FX Meister wrote:
    yes and no.
    It's a well known fact that emo guys are straight. But they think it's ok to kiss guys, cause, you know.
    coz girls dig it!

• Advertisement

I'm afraid not. Care to explain your little insight on the matter in a bit more depth at all?

No, not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Dudett

Are emos the the ''banker ****''

They used to be called teeny boppers. or just rockers!!

Im I so out of touch with reality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Dudett wrote:
    Are emos the the ''banker ****''

They used to be called teeny boppers. or just rockers!!

Im I so out of touch with reality!

I believe those are the skaters, but I could be wrong.

Advertisement